Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unacceptable Allen Edmonds blemish or just paranoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unacceptable Allen Edmonds blemish or just paranoid?

Hey team, this is my first pair of AEs, so I'm not sure what to expect. Or well, second pair technically -- the heel on the first pair start to break away from the shoe after the first two weeks, at which point I exchanged them. Both pairs came from Nordstrom during the sale. It's the park ave for anyone curious.

Is this unacceptable? Acceptable? Am I overreacting? For a $335 MSRP shoe, I am a bit surprised. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/QJHjb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5i2Dg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wt3Ok.jpg

Unacceptable in my opinion. And I'm not all that picky usually about those things. That's seconds quality.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

All my $100 seconds have better heels. There's been a lot of AE first with minor issues lately it seems.

Comment

Most seem to be from Nordstrom which is interesting. I think AE is rapidly growing and are having some quality control problems. I've always had great luck with their and Nordstrom's customer service, however.

Comment

Return them. Nordstrom customer service is great. AE's service is not so great. QC seems to be slipping, probably, as others suggest, due to volume.

Comment

Absolutely unacceptable. Definitely return.

Comment

While I agree AE has had some quality issues as of late, their customer service is FAR from "not so great". They have one of the best customer service department's that I've ever dealt with and have gone to great lengths to ensure customer satisfaction (See many of the posted stories in the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread on SF or the many threads on AAAC).

Comment

spartanlaw, Allen Edmonds has excellent customer service. I cannot think of a clothing company that has better customer service.

Comment

Honestly, I've seen tons of AE "firsts" that have issues with leather creasing, broguing being damaged, etc.

I'm not really sure how the hell AE became known for their quality, other than the goodyear welted soles.

Comment

Comment

spartanlaw, I understand that you had a poor experience with Allen Edmonds. My experience has been that they have excellent customer service.

zerostyle, Some of the pictures of damaged shoes forum members have posted have been surprisingly bad. I wonder why they seem to have slipped in terms of quality control in the past year.

Comment

I will also say AE customer service is lacking, telling me about last and then saying if I'd like to call back with more questions about last and would like to ORDER more please contact them. That was also after emailing me saying they wanted to resolve any issues I had. I felt like they were treating me like a cheapskate after mentioning that I got 4 pairs on the sale(I explictly mentioned they were seconds when I posted my review) yet I have a pair of Cortland 1st that I got else where they don't know about.

Herring shoes sent me a box direct from factory that had the wrong size inside...solution was to instantly send me the correct size and tell me to find a good home for the old ones. Retail was almost $300 but they were on sale for about $150.

Comment

Excellent feedback guys, thanks. Sounds like these are going back. I actually have had a couple problems with Nordstrom AE shoes during this sale. I have seen 2 pairs of strands and 2 pairs of park aves. The strands both had blemishes, I am awaiting a third pair straight from nordy's site. Looks like I will be doing the same with the park aves :-\

it has not been an encouraging experience, I admit, though the shoes are BEAUTIFUL. Not sure if this is Nordstrom or AE's fault.

Comment

For what it's worth, I have 3 pairs of AEs that have all come directly from AE. Two were seconds, one was first quality. They have all been in excellent (nearly perfect on the seconds) condition. I have had to do some size exchanging, etc and have always had great luck with their customer service.

This is only an anecdotal observation, but most times people have these issues it seems to be through Norstrom. Idk why, it seems weird.

Comment

Greg - how does the AE customer service process work? Just call them and tell them I have a lemon? Or are there many hoops to jump through? If it is easier, I would rather go through them than Nordstrom, which seems rife with problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X