Brown AE strands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown AE strands

I am looking to purchase the brown burnished strands. I am wondering if someone own these, if they could post a picture. I am wondering whether it is brown, or more like dark brown.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

It's more dark brown. I don't have the brown burnished strands but I have the brown burnished kenilworths with the same dye

Comment

I have the dark brown burnished Park Aves, and agree with Acoustic's assessment--they're pretty dark brown. That being said, I love the color/finish.

Comment

Thank you accoustic for the pic. thanks Hornsup. I am planning on calling AE to see if they would price match the walnut strand from the nordstrom sale. If they will, I would def purchase it.

Comment

AE would not price match norstrom. and nordstrom is selling the dark brown at $335 which is too much for my pocket. any suggestions? any tricks i could used to score these for anniversary sale price? any alternative with similar quality?

Comment

I'd just keep an eye out at Endless, Amazon, Lands End, and Brooks Brothers. They all run regular sales where you can find them for around $230 - $260 with a 30% off coupon.

Comment

thanks for the tip zero style.

Comment

Techno, did you try getting the deal from Nordstrom? The black Park Avenues are on sale, but I got the salesman to sell me the brown's for the same price. It technically isn't on sale in their system but they can make it happen

Comment

tried it but no success. i will give it a couple more tries.

Comment

tried again today. same thing. they are adamant about not matching the price because they are not part of the sale. i think i give up.

considering this one here. what do you guys think?

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ctGroup=528801

Comment

I dig the CH's. I actually prefer CH styling to AE for the most part. AE comes off more traditional to me for the older crowd.

Comment

i see. just looking for a dark brown oxford. thanks for the input.

Comment

Very very different shoe than the brown Strands would be. Technically speaking, the CH's aren't oxfords (balmorals)... Much more casual (blucher vs. balmoral), and I guess modern, as kman said.

Comment

I'm still waiting out for the Fifth Avenue in brown. Too bad it's not part of the Nordstrom anniversary sale.

Comment

You guys should start petitioning shoes to change colors upon request.

Seriously, if you want a shoe in a certain color, either wait until it goes on sale, buy it at full retail, buy it as a second from the AE Shoe Bank, wait until a seconds sale, or buy it on eBay! Plenty of options.

Comment

Working...
                              X