AE Walnut belt Looks darker than Walnut Strands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Walnut belt Looks darker than Walnut Strands

I ordered the Basic Walnut belt from AE to match my Walnut Strands and the color on the belt appears darker. Do you guys think it looks okay, or should I get a lighter color belt?

If that's their basic "wide" dress belt, seems from the comments that some people have experienced the same issue of coloring being slightly different from shoe coloring. I ordered the Manistee belt to go along with my Strands, but it hasn't arrived yet; hoping not to have a similar mismatch.

To your question, I don't think it looks bad and it's pretty close. However, at least in the above picture, the belt almost looks more like a "chili" color than the walnut. If you ordered from AE, you might give them a call and see if this is a common issue for the walnut wide belt--they may have suggestions as to other belts they have that will match better if you want to switch.

Comment

Yeah, I think it looks more like Chili than Walnut. I had read that same review and thought that maybe the guy was just being picky. However, I agree with the review and I'm going to send it back to AE.

Comment

The manistee belt isn't quite that off, but it is still slightly darker than the walnut strands. However, I love the brogue detailing on the belt and it matches close enough for no one to really notice.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about matching it exactly. General guideline on matching belt and shoes is like horseshoes and hand grenades. "As long as it's close."

Comment

Jeremy is correct here. If you start to get super matchy with uniquely colored shoes it looks a bit contrived in my opinion.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

So, what's a good more versatile belt color? chestnut, tan, light/medium brown, others?

Comment

Working...
              X