5 friends take same photo for 30 years

1982:

1987:

1992:

1997:

2002:

2007:

2012:

Yes. Yes it is. Pretty cool that they're all still able to get together to do so, but the ravages of age and time are pretty depressing.

Comment

Despite them looking much more like classic guys in the first photo that dissolve into the American Joe, I must say that the fact they have successfully been gathering as friends all this time is cool enough. Good for them.

Comment

That's true. And yes, their sense of style goes from good to bad!

Comment

yeah 30 year friendships are pretty impressive. Good for them.

That said, I can't help but notice the bare chested pics stop very early which makes me sad about...future metabolism I guess.

Comment

This is the exact reason I've been eating better and exercising more. I'm 26, and I'd like to age as gracefully as possible. Rather than let myself go and try to play catch up later - I truly believe the best approach is to be aware of it now and plan for the future.

Comment

I particularly like the second guy from the left's transitions. That guy goes through a total metamorphosis from one photo to the next.

Comment

Seriously what the hell is up with 2nd-guy-from-left? From 1997 to 2002 it looks like he aged like 20 years, then he looks younger in 2007, then 2012 is just like what the f-? Is that just the lighting or does he actually have a forked beard?

Comment

Hmm. I think the photos are switched. I went by the file names and years, but I'm thinking they're wrong.

Comment

@nicholascrawford Its hard to tell from the other guys in the picture, but i think i agree on it maybe being out of order. I doubt 2nd guy from left went grey in 2002 and back to blonde in 2007.

Comment

I think it's cool to see how 5 friends can still make that trip. Testament to their friendship. Also interesting to see how mainstream style has changed over a few decades (#2 went through Beach Boys, Top Gun, Billy Ray, Biker Dude). He's definitely "that guy".

Comment

Working...
                      X