Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands end canvas Pleated Camo Shorts

Im thinking about getting a pair - http://tinyurl.com/cc8275j

for 14$, can't go wrong but i cant get pass the pleats. they are slim fit so it may just "pleat-out" slightly. what do you guys think?

LOL at pleated shorts. Sorry man; just don't do it. And please keep the camo to our Military.

Comment

You can absolutely go wrong for $14, and these shorts may be the greatest example of that.

Comment

Buy them if you want but I'd suggest that they'd fit in best on the trail or doing yardwork. LEC has put out some real head-scratchers and these shorts are a good example. Pleated shorts don't do any favors to any age or body type.

Ben

Comment

The current LEC collection seems to be all about starting off with a good idea and then screwing it up with some unnecessary twist or detail just to make it unique. Pleats, contrasting collars/cuffs, great shirts with weird patterns...I think LEC doesn't realize they're differentiated enough on price.

Comment

Pleats on shorts = no

Camo (that's allegedly so "IN" for spring/summer 2012) = no

Pleats on shorts + camo = HECK NO.

That is all.

Comment

"And please keep the camo to our Military"

If I were in your military, I would ask for a discharge if they made me wear those.

Comment

You guys are drastically exaggerating the amount of pleat that is going on with those shorts.

This is a disaster.

Camo I won't do. Give them to me in dark navy and a little slimmer, and I could pull them off.

Comment

^ Not really referring to the amount of pleat so much as the fact that they are pleated at all. I can't think of any reason a slim-fit, casual short would ever need pleats of any kind, regardless of size or quantity.

Ben

Comment

Neither can I, especially with a low rise. However it strikes me that, objectively, the pleats do not particularly affect the cut of those shorts - in a solid color it would be even less noticeable. To me the camo is more of a crime here.

Comment

I got the J. Crew pleated camo short when they had the 40% off. Love'm. The camo pattern on those is different, so I like them more than these, but they also were about $35 with the discount - so more than twice the price.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shorts/utilityshorts/PRDOVR~71745/99102634415/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~15~all~mode+matchal lany~~~~~camo/71745.jsp

Do you own a lot of stuff already to cover the bottom portion of your body? Then get'm. They're fun. They're already shorts, so they're not serious. Wear'm on the weekend or when you don't care. They look slim fit and to me thats the most important thing. Clothing can be fun.

Comment

^ this guy is trying to trick you

Comment

I guess I'll be in the minority and say I like them.

I wouldn't wear them (because I don't really wear shorts) but I do like them.

Then again, I wear cargo pants on occasion.

And I own a pair of camo-print canvas shoes.

And I give absolutely zero fvcks in doing so.

PS: I plan on adding a nice camo-print tie to my collection when I find one I like. It'll be sure to give all the 'sartorialists' a heart attack.

Comment

I own a camo jacket, but got it from surplus so it's mostly used for its function (hiding from bad guys) during airsoft games (I've been to exactly one). Camo's not really my thing, but it it floats your boat shoes, go for it!

Comment

lmao @ Hardrain

Comment

Working...
                              X