One pair of suede Chukkas, what color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One pair of suede Chukkas, what color?

I bought a pair of the iconic Desert Boot by Clarks in Beeswax last fall and they have been awesome. I wear them a little right now during the summer but looking forward to wearing them more in the fall and winter.

I would love to get another pair of Desert Boots or Chukkas in suede and I want them to be timeless and to work with a lot of outfits like the Beeswax do. Was thinking perhaps gray suede? Thoughts?

The chocolate suedes will be a good versatile option if you do not have brown shoes already

Comment

I own the taupe suede, and while I love them, I find them to be a little on the casual side. If I re-bought I probably would go with a darker color like chocolate suede as acoustic mentioned above.

Comment

^^ what they said if you wear jeans a lot. If you wear chinos a lot, I would suggest navy.

Comment

I feel like the chocolate suede is too close in color to the beeswax pair I have though.

Comment

They're not too close in color in my opinion. The beeswax is way lighter.

Comment

I'd say chocolate brown as well, but honestly I don't think CDBs look that great in suede. I have a pair and they kind of look like slippers. @Jessy, are your suede pair a different brand? They look sleeker which I think works better in suede.

@tinsley, if you think chocolate is too close to suede, I'd think taupe is also, so you'd have to go entirely non-brown which means not as versatile. Grey or navy suede are nice but you probably won't get much use out of them.

Comment

@trash Yep, not the same shoe at all. I don't really like Clarks in suede either.

@tinsley I would pick navy or taupe, but that's because I already have a pair of grey bucks.

Comment

I also like the taupe suede. What size do you need?

Comment

For chocolate suede, I'd consider these 2 pairs if you are willing to splurge:

Meermin: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1961

Loake Pimlicos: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/_Loake/...lico_1992.html (actually much darker than in that picture - see here: http://thisfits.me/post/20173943688/...ring-a-pair-of)

Both around $200, but with a dainite sole and will probably last a long time

Comment

The chocolate suede Clark Desert Boot I was looking at is WAY lighter than the chocolate ones posted by Jessy. I really like the chocolate that he posted and the taupe version I have seen online. I will need to try them on to see which one I like better. Thanks!

@mdwsta4 I wear an 11.5 in CDB.

Comment

i typically go extremes when I am doing two of the same shoe. or well, extremes is the wrong word. colors that are both wearable but tend not to overlap too much. For instance, I have the tan suede ("oakwood") (seen here) but want beeswax next. The tan looks *incredibly* good with jeans. I would go taupe or tan, not a fan of the chocolate. If you have beeswax, the taupe looks kind of similar to my untrained eye.

some good pics of the taupe here

http://www.primermagazine.com/2011/s...rimer-approved

Comment

I would go for taupe (like the pic above) or a mid grey.

Comment

I have the following 2 pairs. The Cole Haans on the right work with chinos or jeans and the Sperrys on the left are really only for jeans.

Comment

I own a pair in taupe and they look good with jeans/chinos. Very versatile

Comment

Working...
                              X