Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Target, I'm sorry

Dear Target,

For years I have been making derogatory comments about the quality and fit of your clothes. I have even used the word "sucks" in my weaker moments. The last time this came up was when some folks on Dappered lionized your cotton sports coat, which I still maintain sucks.

But not long ago I was looking for a pair of red shorts to bum around the house on hot summer days and wear at the occasional bbq. My fine Dappered friends were again lionizing your slim red chambray shorts from Merlino or Mossino or Mottozio or whatever fake I-tal-yan name your marketing dept comes up to give your clothes a lil bit o' continental class.

Long story shorts(!), these shorts are the bomb. Nice fit. Soft material. Great for scorching summer days. I even double-downed and bought the blue oxford ones.

So this is my way of saying sorry. No longer will I offer blanket statements on your line. Give my best to the dog, but stop painting circles around his eyes.

Regards,

Johdus

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...y/-/A-13887190

lol - great buy! I spent all day in them!

Comment

Hmmm...I'll have to track these down. Since I have really thin legs, it is difficult to find shorts that fit properly and look good, too.

I found a well-fitting but cheap pair at H&M a while back, but those won't last long, I figure.

Comment

I am the type of person that says less is more when it comes to shorts. I rarely wear them even when it is super hot. I think part of me is overly critical of my chicken legs and also the fact that shorts are so damn casual. I own 4 pairs of shorts; two of which are for yard work or house chores. I couldn't bring myself to buy another pair of shorts.

That being said your post was very well written.

Comment

What's the inseam? I've been looking for good 10-11" inseam shorts (I look goofy with anything shorter).

Comment

@trash - I measured the inseam when I first got them several months ago and I believe that they measured 10.5." Mine are 32" waist. I love the fit on those shorts. I have the red chambray, the pincord and the madras.

Comment

A few weeks ago, there was a long thread about Target "tailored Fit" shorts in Red Chambray. Are these the same thing? It looks like they are listed as a "Relaxed Fit".

Comment

@J.b. - Yes, same thing. Target online has an incorrect description...they are a Tailored Fit.

Comment

http://aandhmag.com/target-x-menswear/

All of these designers have collaborations in the works with Target. Wowza!

Alice + Olivia

Altuzarra

Band of Outsiders

Brian Atwood

Carolina Herrera

Derek Lam

Diane von Furstenberg

Eddie Borgo

Jason Wu

Judith Leiber

Lela Rose

Marchesa

Marc Jacobs

Oscar de la Renta

Philip Crangi

Prabal Gurung

Proenza Schouler

Rag & Bone

Robert Rodriguez

Rodarte

Skaist-Taylor

Thom Browne

Tory Burch

Tracy Reese

Comment

I bought the blue pincord version of these shorts and am pretty happy with them. Just wish they were cheaper than $25... seems like a lot from Target, especially when I'm spoiled buying chinos from LEC for $3.50 - $12.

Comment

Working...
                    X