• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Congrats on the kid!

I have the blue suede version from LEC, but you might like a variation:

https://www.google.com/search?sugexp=chrome,mod%3D19&q=harrison+chukka&um =1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=JycQUO7Y NObd0QHA4YH4AQ&biw=1366&bih=643&sei=MycQUOLDJanX0Q HL8IHIDQ

You might really like one of the leather ones. Doesn't look like you just stepped off your yacht. Doesn't look like you spent the afternoon chastising your gardener for missing a weed in the formal garden, either.

Leave a comment:

• tomservo
    replied

Congrats on your new addition!

I think a loafer would be good, particularly in the summer. They come in many styles so you should be able to find one for you.

Also check out some more casual oxfords. I particularly love the Sebago Brattle and Salem. The former is a wing tip while the Salem has no broguing. They are both a little rough and perfect for casual wear.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

Would some sort of loafer be out of the question? I saw a stylish guy on a vintage Vespa yesterday sockless in some loafers. He looked good.

Leave a comment:

• thinker_random
    started a topic Need some shoe help

Need some shoe help

So lately I have been trying to up my wardrobe a bit. I am fairly set in business casual for my job and have plenty of stuff for lounging or working outside. What I am needing help with is my "going out" shoes.

Up until now I have been living in monochrome black Converse All Stars or Adidas Sambas when I'm not at work and while these work and are "ok" for going out I'm wanting something a bit different. Everything I seem to hear about are boat shoes or desert boots and while these work for some I don't feel like the fit who I am.

To help better explain let me give you a bit of background of me. I was in the punk/rock scene in high school and a bit beyond (while most are in college) and while I still listen to the music I have long given up on the "trends" that come with those scenes. I ride vintage vespas, love soccer and good beers. To top it all off 2 weeks ago I had the amazing pleasure of watching my daughter be born.

So there is a quick background of me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Working...
X