I need a tailor in Sarasota/Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a tailor in Sarasota/Tampa

Hey guys, I'm leaving for interviews in 5 weeks. I have suit I need tailored. Normally not a problem except my tailor just notified me that after 50 years, she is now quitting.

So I have a suit. I need a tailor. I have a time constraint and little money to pay for a rush job. I'm in Sarasota/Tampa. I do not functionally speak any language besides English.

Anyone have any suggestions for my situation?

I need my jacket tapered as well, or I would just get my cuffs hemmed at a local dry cleaner/tailor combo.

I have been happy with the work I've had done at Fred's Tailor:

Fred's Tailor

2519 N McMullen Booth Rd, Clearwater, FL 33761?

(727) 723-7766

https://plus.google.com/110026706680489688371/about?gl=us&hl=en

He is not cheap but he does good work and has been doing it for a long time. He is old school and will tell you if he thinks something you want done looks dumb (I had him crop a jacket for me). My only disappointment is that he doesn't have a button machine, so he can't do functioning cuffs or boutonnieres.

Interested to see if anyone else has other suggestions (especially for someone who could do functioning cuffs). I've been meaning to go to International Plaza and ask the shops there if they had any suggestions for tailors but haven't yet.

Comment

Thanks Matt.

I called him but he was unfortunately closed by the time I got up there. Seemed like a nice fellow when we spoke on the phone.

I ended up going to Sew Fast in Tampa. They are charging me $170 for tailoring, but hopefully it is worth it. I'll post back here with results.

Comment

Vespamatt, I was recently searching for a tailor and was recommended

Angelo Custom Tailor

31960 Us Hwy 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684

(727) 781-4797

http://angeloscustomtailor.com/

I took him a pair of pants to get hemmed just to meet him and see his work. Did a good job and was very easy to work with. He is an older Italian Gentlman who told me he had been in business 40 years. I don't know if he can do functioning cuffs but you may want to give him a call.

Comment

Working...
        X