Christopher Ward Watches opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christopher Ward Watches opinions?

Joe did a few posts mentioning watches by CW. I am saving up towards my first automatic watch. The CW watches look beautiful online, anybody here have any experience with them?

I've done some browsing on watchuseek and have read nothing but glowing reviews. All indications are that it's an excellent watch for the money. I know there are a couple of their models that I have my eye on.

Comment

They use a different model without traditional resellers, so supposedly you're getting a lot better deal sans middleman.

I lust after them, esp. the diver and aviation models. Right now I've got an Orient Ray that I got for less than $200. When I'm ready to step up into the $500 range, CW might be the way to go.

Comment

Christopher Ward has built a reputation for reliable, affordable watches. I think you can't go wrong with them especially for the price they're going for. I would subscribe to their newsletter so you can see what deals are going on.

Comment

I own 2 CW watches and have my eye on a 3rd. I've also bought 1 for my brother for his graduation gift. I think they look nicer in person than the pics on their website. You can't go wrong with their 60 day return policy. Their customer service is top notch as well. The 1 thing I am disappointed with is the fact that they raised their prices about 2 weeks ago. But then again, most watch manufacturers seem to raise prices at least once a year.

Comment

There's a very active CW forum at www.christopherwardforum.com with a lot of friendly, helpful and rational US and European owners. It's a good source of general watch advice and in my experience the 'Flame', 'Troll' and 'Lunatic' levels are extremely low on the board.

I've got 4 CWs, plus half a dozen other assorted watches, and their value for money and customer service is rarely matched in my experience. I have absolutely no connection with the company, BTW.

Comment

I've heard nothing but goods things about Christopher Ward, and have seriously considered buying one before. If you're looking for automatic watches with Swiss movements, you'd be hard pressed to find better prices - only Hamilton and Tissot really come close. They aren't true "luxury" watches by any stretch, but they are definitely a solid mid-tier option for people looking at a watch upgrade.

One thing to note is that, even with the exchange rate, the prices are typically better buying directly through their UK site than buying on the US site. That's assuming you're in the States, of course.

Ben

Comment

Working...
              X