Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a Tailor in Atlanta

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16


    I've only had one thing done by Mario (well, it's in the process right now), and it involved shortening the collar a bit and moving the shoulder seams. $85, but I have no idea what it would cost/if it could be done at a regular alterations place. Everything I've found online about Mario says his prices are reasonable.

    Comment


      #17


      From what I'm reading about Mario, it seems like he is *exactly* what I've been looking for and that we have identical opinions about dress. I suppose my only hesitation with going to him is that he apparently is accustomed to a highly affluent clientele, and here I am bringing him things like Calvin Klein to alter! Haha.

      Comment


        #18


        And this is why I love everything about Dappered and these forums. Everyone from Joe to the people on the forums are just awesome.


        Kenneth, I think I'll take your suggestion and check out John Pontello. I'll be sure to tell him you sent me. On a side note, did you take Dr. Rouse's Western Philosophy class last semester?

        Comment


          #19


          Erm, yes... Perhaps it's an even smaller world that I thought!

          Comment


            #20


            I'm pretty sure I sat in front of you...lol

            Comment


              #21


              That's pretty crazy! Glad to see you on Dappered though even though I can't recall what you look like, lol.

              Comment


                #22
                Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone had any more recent recommendations for a tailor/alteration shop in Atlanta. The mom and pop dry cleaner just isn't getting the job done anymore. Not looking for a made-to-measure shop - just a place that'll put a hem on my land end's chinos, etc. Any suggestions are appreciated.

                Comment


                  #23
                  If you are looking for help with basic stuff, you can't beat Perfect Stitches on Clairmont near I-85. I'm not sure that I would take a suit there for a lot of work but they are fantastic for stuff like hemming pants or shortening sleeves.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
                    If you are looking for help with basic stuff, you can't beat Perfect Stitches on Clairmont near I-85. I'm not sure that I would take a suit there for a lot of work but they are fantastic for stuff like hemming pants or shortening sleeves.
                    Hemming pants and shortening sleeves is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for the recommendation.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I used Hong Kong Tailors on Buford Highway. Ignore the name, ignore the street and go check it out. Nice people, good work, they did a pair of pants for me overnight because my other tailor didnt do what I asked and I was about to fly to the Dominican republic for a wedding. Another customer there was like "these guys are great, you will love them". They do everything from a hem to MTM. They have fabric book samples, drawers of pocket squares and ties, etc.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        I used Hong Kong Tailors on Buford Highway. Ignore the name, ignore the street and go check it out. Nice people, good work, they did a pair of pants for me overnight because my other tailor didnt do what I asked and I was about to fly to the Dominican republic for a wedding. Another customer there was like "these guys are great, you will love them". They do everything from a hem to MTM. They have fabric book samples, drawers of pocket squares and ties, etc.
                        Thanks. I generally love all things Buford Highway, and it's very close to home. Will check them out.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                          Thanks. I generally love all things Buford Highway, and it's very close to home. Will check them out.
                          sweet. I used to be right down there off of shallowford road and briarcliff. Hope to move back once kids are done with high school. one of my favorite areas

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X