AE Comfort - Specifically Elgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Comfort - Specifically Elgin

Hi guys, I snagged a pair of Elgins for $175 from Amazon and I have a question about comfort. Put simply they don't seem to have any cushion and the bottoms of my feet tired way more easily than other shoes. Is it a leather sole issue? I'm contrasting that to the several pair of non-leather sole J&Ms I have that all have ultra comfy sheepskin insoles with plenty of padding.

Now, I have a pair of AE Hillcrests that also aren't super comfortable, but I chalked it up to them being well used with a footbed mashed out from someone else's foot, not to the actual design of the shoe.

Can I expect that once the footbed molds to my foot, the comfort will increase, or is this it?

I have a pair of McTavishs on the way and, although I'd probably still keep them since the comfort isn't horrible and the look is great, I kind of want to have some info to make a decision regarding that.

The comfort should increase once the cork shapes to your foot and the leather insole has had some time to do the same. Here's how the insole and cork look in an Allen Edmonds shoe sliced open:

Comment

E Mine are the same foodie, nothing comparable to say rock port that I'm used to. They aren't terrible after a bit of wear bit they won't have that padded soft feel from my experience so far.

Comment

Ack sorry spartan that was for you not foodie :P

Damn phone probably has "foodie" saved as a word

Comment

^^ no cushion of air like the Air Colton! It's just the way it is with dress shoes like this. You'll get used to it. BenR has said in the past that cushioned shoes aren't good for us, but I forget his reasoning...probably because we were born barefoot. If you can't stand it, you can wear inserts and insoles. Might need to size up if the fit is tight already.

Comment

Working...
          X