Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question

New here and just looking for a quick tip. I got an awesome new black sports coat last week that I just got back from alterations. Problem is, the lighter colored slacks that I would normally wear with it are at the cleaners. I'm dying to wear the jacket but trying to decide how well it goes with a blue shirt, yellow/blue tie, brown slacks (not real dark, like a chocolate color) and brown shoes/belt.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Pictures would help a lot! And I say, if you feel comfortable with it, then what the hell and where it anyways.

Comment

I think it looks fine, but I've never owned an all black sports coat, usually they have a pattern or some gray in them. The shirt is more of a royal blue which looks good under the black. Not sure how to post pictures on this forum, but I will if you tell me how.

Comment

Sounds do-able, but I would suggest a lighter blue for contrast.

To post pics, you need a host like Picasa Web Albums, Photobucket, etc. Then embed using the HTML embed code they provide. =)

Comment

lets see if this works

Comment

ok the pic worked, so let me know what you think. Also, should I go brown shoes/belt or black shoes/belt?

Comment

That seems like more of a dark khaki, so it looks like the pants and coat contrast enough to not clash. I'd wear black shoes/belt.

Comment

Totally wearable. Not out of the box creativity, but it goes together.

Comment

Personally I'm not a fan of any part of that combo. Just being honest. I'm not much of a black sport coat guy, but I'd probably leave it to mostly jeans. Or pants with less brown. Also, the blue and yellow is pretty stark against the black and somewhat muted pants.

Not trying to be overly critical.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I think the tie is a bit too formal for that outfit. If you have something in a less reflective fabric: cotton, linen, knit, or even a silk with more texture, I think it would look better.

Comment

Boss, that outfit is unattractive at best. The olive pants clash with the blue shirt and yellow tie. The tie is not a good match for the shirt or pants.

That being said, I think that the shirt and jacket could work together. I agree with greg_s in that jeans might look better. You may want to skip the tie altogether, but at the very least I would wear a different tie.

Congratulations on the new sports coat! Work on the color combinations and you'll look sharp.

Comment

Working...
                      X