Help Finding Dark Brown Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Finding Dark Brown Shoes

I am having zero luck finding dark brown shoes to be used with a navy suit. I am looking for a quality pair that is hopefully under $200. The groom is wearing a pair of dark brown Air Madisons. I am hoping to not spend this much. I would appreciate any help.

The eBay selection for brown shoes is a fraction of what it is for black. If you have time, I recommend eBay plus patience. I've found 3 pairs of Allen Edmonds in the last month for $40 shipped. Beat that at a store! If you're in a hurry, can try DSW.

Comment

I've been looking on ebay. Part of the problem is I lack patience. Do you have any dark brown shoes that you would suggest I look for on ebay?

Comment

I found a decent looking pair of Kenilworth's for $140. Does anyone know anything about these shoes? It says it is made on the 5-65 last which is AE's longest last. Does that mean I should size down? I have a pair of Sanfords and they are a touch long.

Comment

@Thammers: The Kenilworth is a pretty basic plain toe shoe. Also, it definitely fits way bigger than the other 5 last shoes.

I'm normally a 9D. The kenilworth in a 9d was too big for me (could lace it up really tight possibly though), but the 8.5D was too snug. Your best bet would be to try them on in an AE store, as this particular model definitely has a weird fit.

Comment

One other option(I used this on a pair of AE Cortlands) is to just buy lighter brown shoes and then use a darker brown cream on them. You can always make shoes darker

Comment

What about these Elgin's on Amazon that you can get for $175?

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-Elgin-Lace-Up/dp/B004QN3T1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342624625&sr=8-1&keywords=allen+edmonds+elgin

Code is 12summer. They are a bit casual, but I think they look great.

Comment

@shad0w4life That is an interesting option. How easy would it be to go back to the original color? Is it as easy as wiping off the cream?

@aglass I think the Elgin's are a little too casual for a wedding party. I am also looking for something a little darker to go with a navy suit.

These caught my eye: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cole-Haan-Be...4#ht_500wt_954

Comment

Cream contains dye, so you'd most likely have to acetone the shoe then redye it with leather dye type situation. I wanted to change the colour, the colour AE had on the shoe was just too pale and ugly.

If you're considering cole haan then these have a longer toe cap on them, which I like over the shorter ones, such as my Cortlands tiny toe cap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNANNI-MEN...item51a0271011

Comment

I think I might want a pair with closed lacing like that Cole Haan. Anyone have experience with "Bench Made" Haans?

@shad0w4life Is there anything wrong with the Cole Haans other than the shorter cap toe?

Comment

With some dressier laces, those Cole Haan cap toes should work fine with navy.

Comment

@splitplug That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                        X