Lands End Tailored Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End Tailored Shirts

Does anyone have experience with Lands End Dress shirts? Not talking about canvas - talking about the dress shirts. I ordered a tailored fit in my usual size (15.5, 35) and it barely fit. It was almost as if I'd ordered a woman's or kid's shirt. Their traditional fits me fairly well, if a little baggy. I'm 5'11 and 185, so I'm a fairly average-ish build.

I'd like to take advantage of their 30% sale today, but am not sure if my experience with their tailored fit was a one-off, or if they're usually this off with the fit. Thanks.

What was the problem? Too tight in the body? Then you should stick with Traditional Fit and get the shirt tailored.

If it was too small in the neck or short in the sleeves, I dunno, I can't help you there.

Comment

Oh yeah - I left that part out. The whole shirt seemed like it was shrunk multiple times. Arms too short, body too tight. Other slim/trim fits fit me well. So, I was wondering if this was a pattern with LE shirts or maybe I just had a defective one? Thanks.

Comment

I've only bought the tailored fit in the oxford cloth button downs, and they ran HUGE compared to other slim-fit shirts. Maybe dress shirts are different.

Comment

I found the tailored fit dress shirts to be a fairly generous cut as far as "tailored" goes - perfect for me since I'm not super skinny (5'8" 165 lbs). I'd say they're roughly on par with J. Crew's "traditional" fit, or Express Modern fit.

Comment

Ok. Here's hoping the last one they sent was just a defect. Thanks all.

Comment

Here is what I know of LE Tailored fit:

It runs almost exactly the same as Brooks Brothers Slim fit. I have OCBDs from both, and have compared chest and waist sizes.

The best thing you can do is figure out what chest and waist size you wear in a shirt and LE will give you exact measurements for any of their shirts. I use the live chat and have an answer in minutes. For instance, I've found I wear a large in traditional fit, but an XL in Land's End Canvas slim fit.

Comment

I've given up on LE slim/trim anything(pants, shirts, polos) this year.

I'm pretty sure they have changed manufacturers for some of their items, as their sizes have been inconsistent, the quality trending downards (prices going up..cough cough..Sears, their owner, has no money..cough cough), and as for their shirts..the collar and/or arms tend to be not proportionally scaled to the the rest of matieral of the shirt.

Comment

I second that re: proportions. Even if the shirt fits well in the shoulders, and chest, the overall length will be 5" too long.

Comment

Working...
                  X