Anyone here not wear boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here not wear boots?

Seems like a pair of casual/dress boots is a staple piece, but I've never had a pair of boots outside my rain/snow ones. Anyone else here feel the same?

Yep, I don't even have a wearable pair of hiking boots at the moment. Personally, I am not at all a fan of boots. Especially on ladies, but guys too.

Comment

Yes. Other than snow and rain boots (and ski and hiking boots) have never had a pair of boots while an adult, and never will.

Comment

My gf got me a pair of all saints leather boots. But I never wear them. They are just not comfortable

Comment

I'm waiting until fall to wear my Dalton boots again, at which time, I will wear the crap out of them again.

I wear work boots all day every day. I don't know any other existence.

Comment

I picked up the Hawkings McGill Wingtip boots from UO since they are heavily reduced. Already gotten a chance to wear them on several occasions when traveling to slightly colder areas (higher elevation). Thought they would be just throw away shoes that wouldn't match anything I had.

Gotten plenty of compliments on them, from family, friends, coworkers, even random people I run into (the cute barista at Starbucks). Totally changed my mind on the idea of casual boots. Makes me want to pick up Daltons so they can hold up better for colder months and some desert boots for the warmer summer months.

"We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

I like boots! Desert boots in the summer, Sebago Hamilton wingtip boots when it's cold and wet and I'm still looking for a pair of Canadian winter approved boots (and maybe a a dressier pair for special occasions).

Comment

A pair of versatile boots can really be a wardrobe staple. I, personally, wear the crap out of my Red Wing Iron Rangers from about September until March (long winters here in MN). Something a little dressier can work well in a lot of contexts too.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Clarks desert boots is about as far as I'll go, but I'm not sure those even truly count as boots. Thought about cowboy boots from my time spent in Texas, but I'm tall enough already, no need to add more height and start hitting my head on more stuff.

Comment

I wear boots probably 70% of the time and I'd wear them 100% of the time if I could. I'm really hoping for a return to high boots for men that were popular in the 60's and 70s.

http://totakethetrain.files.wordpres...f5d6969c97.jpg

Comment

Bought my first pair last year and wore them allll fall/winter. will definitely be looking for a second pair this year.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Clarks DBs are the only boots I currently wear somewhat regularly. I have a pair of Dr. Martins from high school that are my beater/inclement weather boots (don't get a whole lot of that in Nashville). I would like to add a pair of Red Wings or something of the sort eventually.

That being said, I still haven't fully bought into the idea of dress boots (at least, not with dress clothes). I'm also not a fan of boots with shorts unless you're about to hit the trail.

Comment

My only non-sport boots are my Chippewa classics. They are more of a cool/wet weather boot so I haven't worn them much lately. I don't own any "dress" boots. Not a fan of stuff like chelseas. I'd go for a nice wingtip if I had the budget for it; wouldn't say no to a pair of beeswax leather Clark Bushacres, either.

Boots with shorts are a no-no unless you are a construction worker living in the '90s. I won't even wear shorts with my hiking boots. I'll wear pants, or else swap the hiking boots for a pair of trail shoes if I'm actually out hiking.

My brother bought himself a pair of Lucchese cowboy boots for his birthday this year. They look pretty good on him. Maybe one day I will buy some cowboy boots, but probably not anywhere in the near future.

Ben

Comment

So you guys count chukkas as boots or not?

Comment

Just to add, boots are one of the multiple areas of style that make me wish I lived in a colder climate.

@Acousticfoodie

I consider chukkas sort of like boots light (Clarks fall into this category). IMHO they fill pretty much the same style niche, but lack some of the utility that more traditional boots have.

Comment

Working...
                              X