Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zack Malibu
    replied

If I find them to be tight, I can just swap them for the Navy's in size 10. Win-win!

I've bought ALDO in the past for beater/runaround shoes, typically sizing up to 10, but even with thicker socks, felt too much slip for my taste. I figure sizing down and sticking with standard socks that I get from GAP, Express, BR, etc. should be OK. I mainly want the boots for winter wear. I got the Timberland Earthkeepers at the Nordstrom sale, but wanted another boot to rotate them with. Budget won't allow the Dalton at this point, but I'm aiming for a pair of those within the next year. Thrifting never turns up much luck for me when it comes to AE.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

@Zack, my Blakes are a little large, but not enough to size down in my case. I plan on wearing them in the fall/winter mostly with thicker socks so I figured it would even out. Hope it works out for you, man.

Leave a comment:

• Zack Malibu
    replied

And re: sizing. I'm a 9.5D in Allen Edmonds/most dress shoes, and I sized down to a 9 for these. Previous Aldo experience has shown their sizes often run a little big/loose.

Leave a comment:

• Zack Malibu
    replied

Just ordered the Blakes in Bourdeaux. I was debating on pulling the trigger on the Navy ones last night (and the Bourdeaux in my size had been out of stock...) but today just the opposite happened. Navy is only available in size 10 but the Bourdeux sizes were restocked. Orders those and the Washlers to try out. Worst case scenario is I return them to the Aldo that's only 10 minutes from my place.

Adamis in both gray and navy in my size are gone. I've been adhering to a pretty strict budget so this was a splurge as it is, but the look of both the gray and navy piqued my interest enough to want to give them a test drive.

Leave a comment:

• Flocka
    replied

got the loafers and they are too big. Any advice on the sizing for the adamis? I'm about to order those because they seem really nice for the price (intentional rhyme)

I wear a 10 in allen edmonds. Anybody have experience with both?

also those blue adamis' are sick

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

Got my boots in, I sized down a half but they're still slightly big and wide, going to try an insole. I can definitely see why some people were saying they're a bit chunky, but all in all not bad. If I can get them to fit great I'll probably hold on to them, or see if a local store has a smaller size in stock to exchange with, assuming I can maintain the sale price and 15% discount code from that Aldo shoe collecting game.

My Adamis are still processing, got a couple updates saying they're looking for stock.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousJay
    replied

My Grey Adamis are here and my Bordeaux Adamis are shipped.

Gonna have to exchange them for a size down, though.

Still no word on my Bordeaux Blakes.

If I don't get the Blakes I may return both Adamis. They were really just impulse purchases more than anything so I'm kinda undecided. Really want the Blakes tho

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    replied

Just got my pair of blue Adamis. And may I say I love them.

PS: Any guides/advice on how to care for these? I'm new to the "nice shoe" game.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousJay
    replied

Hmmm...they sent me an email saying they are trying to locate the stock.

Meanwhile, I tried on the Adamis. I wear between a 10.5 and an 11 (more like 10.75) so I ordered the 11 and they're too big. So gonna exchange them.

My idea is to call them up and tell them not to ship the 11s and go with 10s instead. Maybe they'll have those in stock.

Leave a comment:

• TravisB
    replied

FSMOB

^ enter for free shipping

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

My grey Adamis are still "processing"...

Anybody else have any sizing suggestions on the Blake boots? If I can ever finish this stupid game to get the 15% code I'm thinking of grabbing a pair. Seems like sizing down at least a half is suggested, wondering if I should go beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousJay
    replied

My Gray Adamis are here. Still pending on the others. Gonna be kinda pissed if they don't get shipped. Might try to get them to swap the Bordeaux for the Dark Brown Blakes at no extra charge if it gets cancelled.

The Bordeaux Adamis are still showing as in stock but they haven't shipped either. Dont know whats up with that.

Leave a comment:

• Focuspants
    replied

I ordered the grey adamis and received them the very next day. The brogueing is a little big for my taste but definitely not big enough to bother me at $50 shipped. Solid buy thx for the tipoff!

Leave a comment:

• Redcoat
    replied

I ordered the Adamis in Grey on Monday morning for (what I considered) a bargain $50 shipped. I just called Aldo to question as to why my order hadn't shipped yet and the rep proceeded to tell me that they are out of stock and would have to cancel my order. Bummer... I even found and bought a grey belt to match yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

Apparently mine have arrived already. You might want to call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X