Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top picks from Mr B.s by Aldo sale..

Any suggestions?

Definitely going to pick up the Blakes in all 3 discounted colors.

What do you guys think about the Adamis? http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/mr-b...10069-adamis/2 The soles/heels are a little chunky for my liking. A little too trendy.

Or the Mabus loafers? http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/mr-b...32994-mabus/22 Again the heel is a bit high but for $42 is it a go?

Those Adamis look like old school doc martins. i bought the blake last year and ended up returning them because the sole and boot in general was just too bulky for my taste.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

I grabbed the Adamis in grey after seeing some pictures of them in action (towards the bottom of the page, search for "Adamis"). Look like a great shoe for jeans. Then again, maybe I only bought them because I was mad the bordeaux Blakes were sold out in my size.

Comment

I recommend the Blake. Tdig is right, it is a little bulky esepcially when compared to the AE Dalton. However, I view it as the "country cousin" of the Dalton. The Bordeaux color is great the the Fall/Winter and rainy days in general. It is surprisingly well-contructed given that its made from Aldo. The leather is decent quality but nowhere near the quality as AE. As such I would avoid the Congac color (not on sale anyway), and still with the darker colors.

I was wonderign what people thought of the Chastin in the white color.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/sale/men...681-chastin/70

Comment

I love the Blake. Looked at it a long time ago. But the cognac is the only color that really revs my engine and it's still at full price.

Ben

Comment

I bought the Adamis in the dark grey a couple months back when it was going for $75. I personally like the look of them with dark jeans. They are still breaking in and are quite comfortable. They're great if you're looking for a somewhat rough and roguish looking shoe and would definitely pick them up at the current price. Hell, i might have to get the Bordeaux ones now.

Comment

What do you guys think of the Washler single monks?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/mr-b...253-washler/97

Comment

just ordered the adamis in dark grey. $50 with a 10% off code for signing up for their emails. Looking forward to them!

Comment

@pratyk - i think i wish they were some sort of shade of brown...

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig.

Same here. I might swing by the local Aldo store to check it out in person. For 60$ (after 10% off), it seems like a good deal.

The minor quip i have is the belt / flap is rectangular in shape instead of rounded.

Comment

do you guys size up or down? these don't appear to have half sizes...

Comment

Ah, didn't see that 10% off thing. I tried calling to cancel my order but after 10 minutes on hold and I hung up. I might place another order and throw in a pair of the boots this time, then return the first one...

Comment

Also wondering about how these fit with no half sizes??

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I'm a 7.5 2E on a Brannock device and found a size 8D in the Blake boots to be too big in length and width. The 7D fit better but I didn't keep it. I paid more for it than the current sale price and didn't think it was worth it and I didn't like the chunkiness nor the size of the brogueing.

Comment

Looking at the pics in this previous Dappered thread it doesn't look *that* chunky to me, but I guess it's still not as sleek as the Daltons. Still on the fence...

Comment

Working...
                              X