Nordstrom Anniversary Sale = Cheap AE Strands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale = Cheap AE Strands

Popped in Nordstrom to check out the early access to their anniversary sale and they have both Strands and Park Aves for $220. You won't find either of those shoes cheaper. I bought the Strands ahead of the sale bc I have a Nordstrom card. Now's the time fellas!

too bad only the chestnut strands are on sale. great looking shoe, but I need to buy a standard dark brown and black before I start totally breaking the bank

Comment

I good a good looking pair of black Park Aves on ebay for $51 - hoping they look as good when they arrive here in Oz after their long trip!

Comment

How is the sizing on Strands? Do they run long and skinny like the Players?

Comment

I won't find them cheaper?

*struts out of the thread in $147 Strands from Nordstrom*

Comment

@rags: The strands are long and narrow but are not as skinny as the 2 last of the players. General advice is to go down 1/2 size and up one width

Comment

As a note, I tried going down 1/2 a size and up a width, but the extra width was WAY too wide, particularly in the heel.

I ended up on settling for my exact brannock size.

Comment

For my Strands, I went down 1/2 a size, same width.

Comment

I own both the strands and the Players, and the Strands are the narrowest of the two.

Comment

@ split: no way that's normal. I own the Strands and bought a pair of the players and it wasn't even close. Others on the boards agreed. My strands are a touch snug, but the players were unwearable.

It's possible that you just got a freak pair of either of them, but that's definitely not what others have noticed.

Comment

So I walked to the nearby AE store and tried them on. 1/2 size down was indeed the way to go. Now I just need to hope that the Nordstrom cardholders don't buy out my size before I get a chance.

Comment

rags, ive heard some people have had luck asking the store to hold a pair for them until the sale starts. You might try that.

Comment

@rags - If your store is sold out of your size, they will order them from AE and have them shipped to you for free.

Comment

No stores in Manhattan. I planned to order online.

Comment

Call and see if they will sell them to you now, but ship to you on the day of the sale. I thhink i also heard of somebody doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X