Express Extra Slim Fit sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Express Extra Slim Fit sizing

Hi, this is my first time trying express shirts. I have a 14 1/2 Van Heusen 'fitted' shirt and really like the fit. I would like to know what would fit me like that in Express sizing. I am looking at the extra slim fit in medium, will that work?

What's your sleeve length? Express Extra Slim Fit medium is about 34" which is about an inch long for me. I'd recommend measuring your chest and waist. Right now I'm 38" chest, 33" waist and they fit great with a little room to spare on both the chest and waist. Express button up shirts in small are always too tight in the chest for me. Also I think the collar is 15.5" on them but it's perfect for me.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I have a Kenneth Cole 15 1/2 34/35 and it's too big for me. Mt Van Heusen is 14 1/2 32/33 and fits great. I would like to catch the express sale today but I can't go to a store from my location. Please help.

It's either the Small fitted or the Large Extra slim fit...

Comment

What!?!? Why are you deciding between a small and a large??

You are definitely a Small because all of their small fits are 14.5/33. If you're a very thin person with a waist under 31", you could wear an Extra Slim Fit. If you're bigger than that in the midsection, go with the fitted. It will be close to the Van Heusen Fitted cut.

Comment

Sorry, I meant a small fitted or a medium extra slim. I am about 31/32 waist depending on the brand. I want my shirts to be close. I should order extra slim if I'm under 31, what about exact 31 or even 32? Will the extra slim small fit me? Are the short sleeve military shirts the same fit? This is the first brand where I'm buying small so it's weird. I have a Gap medium fitted which is good too.

Comment

I would go with the fitted. The extra slim is properly named for the extra slim people in the population. If you believe you are in fact a very slim (as in skinny) person than go with the extra slim.

Anyways, it shouldn't be too big a deal if you get it wrong. You can always return it in store and the current sale isn't even that good.

Comment

are the short sleeve fitted military ones the same fit?

Comment

Info we need to help you make the decision: Chest size, height, weight.

Comment

I'm 5'9 145lbs with 37" chest

Comment

You may find the smalls to be a little short if you tuck your shirt in so I would try out both the small fitted and the medium extra slim. If you're interested in a bunch of small fitted, I actually have a bunch that no longer fit me that I could sell to you on the cheap.

Comment

I like my shirts close with almost no room but not extremely tight...

Comment

Gotcha - I was gonna say...large is way out there.

I want to clarify something important here:

-You start with the right size (S/M/L) based on your neck/sleeves.

-You then select the right fit. With Express, their fits are Modern/Fitted/Extra Slim Fit.

If a 14.5/33 shirt fits you perfectly, then you're a Small, case closed.

The next step is to decide what fit works for you. The Modern fit would be huge for you. So, between the Fitted and Extra Slim Fit, you should really try it on to know what works. You can always exchange stuff later, and if you return it in the store, you won't have to pay to ship it back. They will ship replacements for free to you until the cows come home.

I'm 145 lbs, and I like the the Extra Slim Fit for dress shirts that are very close fitting, and I like the Fitted for casual shirts that have a little more give in the body.

The fits only change how close it is to the body - the neck, shoulders, chest, sleeves - those all stay the same.

Comment

I have both Fitted and Extra Slim from Express. I wear a Medium in both with my frame 5'9" / 167 - 170 lbs. / 41" chest / 32" waist

I avoid big lunches on the Extra Slim Fit days..

Comment

very helpful Nic, I'll try the extra slim fit. I missed the $60 off sale on my $200 gift card which was one extra shirt. I'll keep my gift card until another sale pops up. You have any idea how often these deals show up?

Comment

These deals show up all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X