BOLD CLOSET tailored shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOLD CLOSET tailored shirts

Guys, I have been buying shirts from J.Crew and Brooks Brothers. Sizing has been a big pain for me. I came across the BoldCloset.com a few days ago, and I really like their style. Has anyone ordered any shirts from them? How do they fit? Many thanks!

Yeh they recently came to my attention. Their shirts seem pretty nice. Website is cool as well. Will give them a try soon. Would be nice if someone can share their experience.

Comment

I just came across this forum and noticed this thread. Actually I have purchased a shirt from them a few weeks ago and i am waiting for another 3 I ordered last week. I ran into some glitches on their website for the first time, but the end result was pretty good. I have to say I was impressed when I got the shirt. I designed my own shirt online and it turned out exactly the way I wanted it. The fabric quality was very good as well. The best part was the fit. It was perfect for the first time. I have ordered shirts from another online tailor before, and it took them a couple of times to get the measurements right. In fact the BOLD shirt fits better than a shirt I had made through a very reputable tailor in Singapore a couple of years ago. And the speed, to my surprise, was quick. I placed the order on a Wednesday, and I received it the next Friday - slightly over a week! So I would say go ahead and give them a try.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback bethy. That's very helpful. Much appreciated! Will def give them a try then

Comment

bethy - That sounded PR-agency positive. Not accusing, just saying. I need cons to validate the pros!

Comment

if you sign up for their site and wait 5-6 days, they will send you a 25$ gift card.

That would get the price of some of the shirts down to the 45-50$ range which would make them probably worth a shot.

Comment

I hate the fact that you have to "sign up" in order to play around with building a shirt.

Comment

The fact that "Aginu", "samac" and "bethy" all signed up for threads in order to just post positively for this company is enough to shy me away completely.

Comment

Good catch, JEH.

Comment

As with a few other shirtmakers, their website doesn't say where the company is located, or where the shirts are made. I don't have a problem with any specific location; for instance I don't insist that they be made in my home country, I expect they are made in east Asia, which is OK with me. But the fact that they're not willing to say on their website is a big problem with me.

Besides shirts, they seem to be in the business of creating socks (here in this thread) which is another big strike against them. Why should I trust a company that won't say where their shirts are made, but blatantly flashes their socks here?

Comment

The website appears to be brand new, but the notice at the bottom says copyright 2011-2017. Another warning sign. 2017? Not just socks, they also make time machines!

Comment

Working...
                      X