should I dry clean this suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I dry clean this suit?

I've got a dark blue linen suit I like a lot. Since it was last cleaned I've worn it three times. Two of those times I sweated a lot - most recently today, at a funeral, where when I got home the lining of the suit under my arms was moist from sweat.

I understand I shouldn't over dry clean suits, but is this a time to do that?

At the moment I'm letting it air out.

Have it steamed and pressed. That will release the wrinkles, and the heat from the steam will neutralize any little critters that might have been using your sweat as lunch.

Ben

Comment

yeah avoid dry cleaning if at all possible. I dry cleaned the jcrew thompson suit and it melted the fusing in the liner.

Comment

@BenR - I don't understand about the steaming. Won't there still be salt, etc from my sweat still in the suit so an "critters" could come in afterwards.

Comment

Salt would create a toxic environment for critters. Really, as long as it's stored in a dry place, you won't have much to worry about. The only time you dry clean is when you've got oil-based stains.

Comment

Working...
          X