Favorite linen pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite linen pants?

I've been through one heat wave already here in NYC, and even my lightweight cotton pants felt too heavy.

So I'm in the market for a pair of casual linen or linen/blend pants. Looking for the happy median between slim fit and MC Hammer pants.

Any suggestions out there?

JCrew bedford cotton/linen blend. They come in almond (light khaki) and a light grey color.

I also bet the Bonobos breezeways are nice but I haven't tried them yet.

Comment

Just be careful....contrary to popular belief, linen does not always breathe better than cotton. If you get thin linen resort pants, they will breathe very easily; but the big trend now in trousers is the wrinkle resistant linen pants, which are much more suitable for work; but, have more substance to them. I wear a couple of JAB linen trousers, and I like them a lot (the linen products at JAB are some of their best); but, they are more of a classic fit and are more dense than others.

The best quality, breathable linen is Italian...of course, it is also pricey...you can generally find a good deal on some at Sierra Trading Post, though.....

Comment

The Silentist recommends some cotton/linen ones by Land's End. Worth reading.

http://thesilentist.com/post/2705460...otton-trousers

Comment

I picked up a pair of J.Crew's urban slim fit pants in linen when they were on sale + 30% off a while back. They fit great and have been very comfortable - care is very easy, I just wash them on delicate (like I do most of my clothes) and hang them to try. The linen is high quality and has a slightly more refined weave than most other linen products I've owned. Plus they are navy so they don't scream "I AM LINEN AND IT IS HOT OUT!"

Ben

Comment

I have a pair of the Bedford dress pants and really like them.

Comment

Another vote for the JCrew Factory Bedford pants here.

LINK

Comment

Just ordered some of the Land's End Canvas linen pants - Irish Baird McNutt linen since it is on sale now!

Comment

Working...
                X