Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jordan
    replied

Yeah...it cost a little bit to have it tailored but I wanted to give them something of a challenge to see if they could do it right. I consider it money well spent since now I feel confident taking my other (easier) items there.

Leave a comment:

• Standard_Deviance
    replied

Thanks again, Jordan--that's helpful info. Very long sleeves + functional sleeve buttons makes me wary of pulling the trigger on this blazer, especially with the other sizing uncertainty I already have with it. Too bad--I really like it.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

im 5'10" and the 38 fit me perfect in the shoulders but as you can see needed to come in at the waist and the sleeves are quite long (functional cuffs, so they had to take them up at the shoulder).

It's also fairly cropped, as well. It was long enough for me, but just barely.

Leave a comment:

• Standard_Deviance
    replied

Cool, thanks, Jordan.

Is the fit TTS? I'm 5'8" and a bit of a tweener between 36R and a 38R, but my narrow-ish shoulders make me lean more towards 36. There's no 36R, so I'm not sure if I should try a 36S or 38R.

FWIW, I'm short enough that most S's don't look inappropriately short on me, but I'm tall enough that they do tend to look trendy. The blazer's going to be a few-times-a-week staple for me, so I don't want it to look noticeably trendy. But maybe an S will look more natural since it's a blazer and not a suit jacket?

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

Its this LL Bean one. Goes on deeper sale from time to time.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68370...pmd_google_pla

Leave a comment:

• Standard_Deviance
    replied

Looks like he did a bang up job. Sleeve length is spot on and the waist is slimmer w/o being too slim.

Where's the blazer from? I've been looking for a cotton navy blazer and having a hard time finding one I love, but yours is exactly the kind of thing I have in mind.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied

Awesome. That's exactly what I'm hoping to have done for my suit jacket. I just need to find a $5 blazer to get my tailor to try it on first. Might have to use your before/after pics!

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Yeah buddy! Big ups!

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

Well today was the day. I'd say i'm pretty pleased overall. But i'll have to wait for you guys to put it through the gauntlet.

Before & After

Leave a comment:

• guiltybystander
    replied

Ah my bad! You're a good advocate for him though.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

Kidsampson - Yeah im in TN. An area that could care more about where the next big mac is coming from than how they are dressed/look

I dropped off my LL Bean navy chino sportcoat at the tailor im trying first. He didnt measure me, but did pin everything up and basically let me direct him on what i wanted. And the jacket fit well except the middle being brought in and the sleeves so maybe that negated a lot of need for a measurement? He fought me a bit on showing the cuff, as he said that's too short. I showed him a pic of Sabir from MensStylePro and that seemed to make him back off a bit. He was up front about the increased cost of moving the sleeves up via the shoulder rather than the cuff since the buttons are functional (this is one reason I brought my most ill fitting blazer to him, to see if he would do that or just chop it off mid button and call it good). He even showed me examples of people who wanted it chopped at the button because it was cheaper and said he didn't agree with it. There was a pretty thick language barrier, but I went into it expecting that. It will be done next saturday ( i told him no rush). So I will post a before and after pic at that point so you guys can critique.

Leave a comment:

• kidsampson
    replied

Jordan, am I remembering correctly that you're in TN? I'm having the same issue as I'm looking for a tailor here in neighboring KY. Difficult to find in a relatively rural landscape.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Yeah...I'm not Barron. =D

If I can speak for him, he unbuttoned the cuff to demonstrate that the buttons are functional and to show off the contrast lining. For the thighs, I think he's got a pretty athletic build and probably didn't want to go too tight.

If it were me, I would go much slimmer in the legs, but I have chicken legs.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

Thats not him

Leave a comment:

• guiltybystander
    replied

@Nicholascrawford - Thanks for the before/after shots- they demonstrate a marked improvement. However, why did you not button the working buttons on the jacket sleeves to test the length of each sleeve? Is that how you'll be wearing them? Also, I might have considered taking in the pants around the thigh area a bit. It might be a trick of the light or how you're standing in the pictures, but the last few pictures look like you're wearing crop pants since there is bulging around those areas.

Great review on the suit, by the way!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X