Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LakeCharles
    replied

I'd second fiestaplatypus's and add Allen Edmonds Bayfield. I have them and really like them. If you get them on sale they are under $200.

Leave a comment:

• fiestaplatypus
    replied

Red Wing - Beckman / Gentlemans Traveler

Wolverine - 1000 mile

LL Bean - Katahdin

Timberland - Earthkeeper

Frye - Walter

Alden - Indys

All good choices, some more expensive than others

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied

I am looking for something with more of a chukka height. Also I want something well made that will last me a long time.

Leave a comment:

• VespaMatt
    replied

My go to all-weather boot is a pair of WW2 Rough Out Service boots from SM Wholesale. They are recreations of the boots worn by the US Army back in WW2 and were worn by Steve McQueen in the Great Escape. They are 'rough out' which means they have the rough, unfinished side of the leather facing out and the smooth layer inside - it has an appearance similar to rough suede. The boots are made in Mexico and have a rubber sole, good year welted. I wear the boots for inclement weather as well as when I got to bars or clubs and I am worried nicer shoes would get ruined. I paid (I think) $120 at SM Wholesale's eBay store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-US-ARMY-ROUGHOUT-BOOTS-/110825696472#ht_668wt_922

On the cheaper end, I have a pair of boat boots that I got off Lands End Canvas that I've been happy with. But I don't see them on the site any longer.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied

Winter in Charlotte, NC. Not much snow or ice. Just a few cold days, but nothing overly freezing

Leave a comment:

• MikeAD91
    replied

Winter where? Winter means something different depending on how severe the weather is. It dropped down into the 60s where I was all last winter. This coming winter, I'll be dealing with freezing temps and feet of snow. That would impact my boot decisions.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    started a topic Fall/Winter Boots

Fall/Winter Boots

I am looking for a pair of fall/winter boots. I am not looking for something I can hike but something that would work in a business casual office, or with a pair of jeans. I want something that will last a long time. I have a pair of Timberland Earthkeeper chukkas but I am not happy with the quality. Made in America is a plus as is under $200 (on sale)

Working...
X