Calibrate Slim v. Trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calibrate Slim v. Trim?

Anybody have experience with Nordstrom's Calibrate line of slim and trim dress shirts? Trying to get fit comparisons to Neiman Marcus' Trim fit.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calibrat...zeandfit_popup

Comment

Just bought one of each in light blue. They seem like good shirts at first glance. The slim is slimmer than the trim (see the chart AJ25 posted), and you can tell when you wear them. I especially appreciate the narrower sleeves that the slim fit has.

Comment

hmmm...maybe i wasn't clear in my wording. i understand that slim is slimmer than trim. the website is plenty clear on that. i'm really looking for comparisons to a known quantity, like neiman marcus' trim fit.

Comment

@videorecipes - Gotcha. I don't have any NM shirts, but I just bought two Nordstrom Trim Fit and two Calibrate shirts. The quality seems pretty good. Three of the shirts are your basic broadcloth fabric while one is twill. The twill shirt is incredibly soft and smooth. The collars on all the shirts except for the light blue Calibrate Slim Fit are spread, but a bit oversized for my tastes.

Comment

thanks for the thoughts on the shirts, BJ! been looking for some solid workhorse shirts. i guess i'll give the dice a roll.

Comment

I own one of each, and rarely wear the SLIM fit shirt. It's too tight everywhere, and the collar is teeny tiny. The trim fit seems like its better made, and nice sized collar, and the fabric is of better quality.

Comment

Working...
              X