What shoes with light grey suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shoes with light grey suit?

I'm attending a late afternoon wedding this weekend and I'm planning to wear my new light grey suit from Black Lapel with a white shirt, solid navy tie, and TBD pocket square. What shoes should I pair with this - my AE Sanford bluchers in walnut, or my AE Norwich single monks in brown?

The Sanfords.

Comment

Agree with bremer

My cocktail videos >

Comment

I just got married and wore walnut fifth avenues with my light grey suit. Got tonnnns of compliments. I would go with walnut for sure!

Comment

Great, that's what I was thinking too so thanks all for the confirmation.

Comment

What a timely thread - I'm wearing this suit to an afternoon summer wedding at the end of the month: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bar-iii-suit-light-grey-solid-peak-lapel-slim-fit?ID=647160

Will Walnut shoes work with this suit as well? Any ideas for shirt and tie? I have a few options but would love to get some additional ideas here too.

Comment

absolutely, chris222. walnut would be pretty killer, in my opinion. i think a purple tie on a white or a light blue shirt would give you a nice touch of color, without being too noisy.

Comment

Pretty much anything will go with grey, that's why it's recommended as one of your first suits. Walnut would have been what I said, then brown or burgundy and black last just because it's so typical.

Comment

Chris, my best man wore that suit and it looked very good. The fit is quite good otr and he only needed slight tailoring to it.

Comment

Ok, part 2. Do I stick with the white shirt, which has a point collar that pokes out a tiny bit from my upper lapel, or go with a light blue shirt that has a spread collar that will stay under?

Comment

Light blue.

Comment

i'd say go with the spread. spread collar + medium/large knot + trim suit looks great, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                        X