Looking for a site mentioned on dappered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a site mentioned on dappered

There was an article which somehow led me to a site where you essentially purchase a whole tailored wardrobe. You sent in your measurements and picked out the fabric and they tailored everything and sent it. Any ideas what this was, I cant find it

http://www.atailoredsuit.com

Antonio is a stand-up guy and will work with you every step of the way.

Comment

Sheesh! That's... on the pricey side. Six suits, eighteen dress shirts for eleven grand? They may very well be worth it but that's a sizable chunk of change to drop all at once.

Comment

It's geared for someone earning $30k/day who doesn't have time to shop around.

Comment

...Is it really? I thought those were the types with personal shoppers at Barney's and the like! I mean, I guess the quality of this stuff must be pretty high, too, but I always pictured those guys spending way more, still.

Comment

I am sorry but that just looks like a huge rip-off.

Comment

I doubt it's for people who are super-pressed for time - it sounds time-consuming in terms of measurements and back and forth.

Comment

Versus suit shopping store to store all over Italy, this sounds pretty convenient. If that's too much all at once, you could go to a store like this and get measured up and fitted in the finest: http://www.bermanbasics.com

It's not for everyone...not for many people...but it would be the crème de la crème, if you can swing it.

Comment

You're right. I forgot that to get quality suits and shirts otherwise you have to go to Italy.

Comment

Is it, though? I'm inclined to agree with JT - this is not the alternative to suit shopping in fashion-forward Italy. It looks a bit too conservative and a little bland even to fill that role. So I don't think the people who would have the time and money to do that are necessarily the same people that would use this service. I'm honestly sort of mystified as to the target demographic here, as they would have to a) earn enough to afford this service, b) have enough time to utilize the service and its myriad consultations/measurements, and c) for whatever reason, once they have this time and money, opt not to go the Italy route, but also decide not to do this at a place like Saks instead, which is what a lot of other people seem to do. I imagine the costs might be comparable, and from the video, I saks et al. look a bit more stylish. Maybe this is designed around a more conservative customer, or maybe one that isn't comfortable with his style adviser working on commission? Not that this guy isn't earning more the more he sells you, but the salesman conflict of interest seems less pronounced.

Comment

Maybe it's for rich guys in small towns/cities without high-end stores or local guidance?

Comment

Exactly.

It's a niche market. He only needs one customer every so often, I'd imagine.

Comment

Working...
                        X