Chambray Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambray Shirt

Hello everyone, long-time reader, first-time poster. I really like this J. Crew chambray shirt (in regular, not slim) but am hesitant at that price. I was seeing if anyone else who was a fan of the shirt had any cheaper alternatives. Thanks!

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_sh...bray/43683.jsp

Not sure if you have a Jcrew outlet near you, but I bought virtually the same shirt in blue and a redish color for ~25-30 each, when I just went they still had some in stock in blue and gray too

Comment

Lands' End Canvas had a denim workshirt (not selvedge) but it seems to be gone now. Here are a couple currently available options, probably not as nice but great prices:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-th...236482_-1.html

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-me...236487_-1.html

Comment

I really like the LEC striped chambray shirts. Very comfortable, better looking than standard chambray shirts. Cut a little big like most work shirts. May want to size down.

Comment

Blue chambray is perhaps one of the easiest shirts to find in a huge variety of price points. Some hipster chick came into my work the other day and asked if mine was from American Apparel and seemed very disappointed to hear that it was from Target.

H&M has some decently fitted ones, in both blue and light red.

J Crew Factory has a cheaper version.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty tempted to go with the Lands End one, too bad the current extra 20% off sale price seems to only work with the LEC ones, which I don't like as much.

Seeing as how I am generally low on funds right now, I guess I should ask the followup: I see all these pictures of chambray shirts under suits in GQ and other publications. Does that look translate into the real world? I live in the midwest in a pretty good sized city, but a lot of conservative dressers here. Basically, I'm getting buyer's remorse before buying a 30 dollar shirt because I'm worried I'll buy it and never wear it. For reference, 90% of the time I am wearing pants and not in a work environment, they are jeans, so I am also worried about the too denimy look. Thanks for any advice.

Comment

I'd say that the chambray under a suit is a fashion look more than an actual usable look, particularly if you're wearing to work in a conservative environment.

Personally, I typically pair my blue chamb shirt with really dark blue jeans, but usually go with a camel sweater on top of it. Otherwise, I stick to wear the shirt with tan/khaki, or possibly white or colored pants if I'm going that route (red, olive, etc.).

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lands End one today when they extended the 20% off to regular LE sales items as well. I like the idea of pairing it with a camel sweater, I'll have to keep an eye out for one.

I agree with you on the chambray + suit look, as I think it looks great in a magazine but showing up to my law firm with that getup on would probably get me a lot of disapproving looks. Thanks.

Comment

Hi everybody. I have authentic mens j.crew chambray shirts for sale. New with tags, same as retail stores not the cheaper quality factory store version. This shirt retails $98 + tax in stores and online. I sell them for $70 shipped in the US only, paypal required.

Here is the link to the j.crew site so you can see the shirt, I'm selling the regular fit.

XS,S, M, L, XL available.

Comment

Working...
                  X