Brown suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown suits

I was considering breaking out of the typical gray/blue scale suits and getting a brown one. Specifically, this one from suitsupply

http://www.suitsupply.com/brown-suit-washington/P3279,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Suits

But I was wondering, what does one wear with a brown suit? Also, would a Tweed suit be a better option than a brown?

I guess it depends a bit where you'd like to wear it. Tweed is supposedly very casual (it's also warm). I'm a professor, so a tweed suit would make sense -- but it might also look a bit like I'm trying to look like Indy Jones. Brown suits are more casual than grey/blue but more formal than tweed, or at least that's what I've been told. I've got a taupe suit that I like a lot. I wear white or light blue shirts, and navy, burgundy, eggplant, green and chocolate brown ties. The sharkskin-ish pattern on the suit supply one you posted looks great to me. Navy or dark brown grenadine tie would be killer.

Comment

Brown is commonly thought of as a "country" or "farmer's" color, but I think in a rougher/patterned fabric like the one you linked, though it's more of a fall/winter thing. I myself would probably stick with just a sportcoat in a fabric like that, but if you can pull off the full suit it looks great.

Comment

That's definitely a more casual suit, but it looks like it could be really great. It is nicer looking than most non-tweed brown suits, IMO.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
        X