Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold frame aviators and silver colored watch? Overthinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold frame aviators and silver colored watch? Overthinking?

Pretty simple. Am I overthinking this by caring? I am very opposed to getting too matchy-matchy, but gold and silver? Eh.

But I personally just can't get into a pair of silver framed aviators with dark lenses, they look too harsh/tactical to me. Which always leaves me in classic gold frames (which I love).

Blah.

I think it's fine, but if you really want to coordinate your accessories I think one of those black ion-plated watches or a black ceramic would look awesome with the gold

Comment

You're fine with gold glasses/silver watch. Gold and silver don't clash together the way, say, black and brown leathers do.

Ben

Comment

I think this is a good time to make this point: remember that dressing well cannot look like you've meticulously planned out what you're wearing, it needs to be effortless and LOOK effortless, otherwise it appears contrived. It seems to me that the attitude must be "oh, this? This just happens to look great." With sufficient panache, it doesn't matter if things are slightly off, it almost improves it (I believe there's a debate on SF about the awesome power of the "not quite perfect" look.)

Comment

I tend to hear that in the matching game, your watch is exempt. I wouldn't worry about trying to match the metal or strap to anything else.

Comment

Working...
          X