Underwear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underwear

I stumbled across this article (http://www.sfgate.com/style/article/...gh-3686913.php) and that got me to thinking about the never talked about item every menswear fashion star (at least I hope) wears. So how important do you all think it is and have any of you included it in your attempts at dressing better?

I know I have. Long gone are the flowy boxer shorts that may be comfortable by themselves but when tucked into well fitting pants just result in bunched up fabric that is uncomfortable and unsightly. Personally I am still on the search for the perfect fitting underwear that is comfortable while also being functional and flattering when the time calls for it.

So any thoughts?

I found a pack of Lucky Brand boxer briefs that work really well for me, and I like the Lucky name on the waistband.

For colder days, I have a heavier jersey fabric set of Old Navy boxer briefs that are great to have. I wore a pair of boxers yesterday because I was running low on clean laundry, and I was reminded why I stopped wearing them...

Comment

I mostly buy Target's Evolve brand of underwear - both briefs and trunks. The packaging is a little silly but the stuff holds up well, fits great, is flattering and modern-looking, and inexpensive. Evidently it's made by 2(x)ist, which is some kind of fashion underwear maker.

Ben

Comment

bespoke

Comment

I would most certainly spring for some bespoke underwear or at least some MTM. You wear it in almost every situation so truly money well spent.

The worst part about finding the right pair is that you can't try a few on. I am willing to live with that though knowing that I am not trying on a pair of underwear that has been intimate with about 100 guys before me.

Comment

I've used boxer briefs for years, so the bunching thing was never particularly dire for me. I briefly thought, when I started dressing better, that maybe I should, as they say, "step up my game," particularly because at the time I was buying a bunch of nicer non-athletic socks. Honestly, though... after looking into some much more expensive options than my 3-pack Hanes or Fruit of the Looms or whatever they are, I didn't really see much of a difference! I recently heard someone talking about the supreme comfort of this boxer brief he found and that he'd never go back again, and I thought, "I *would* like to be more comfortable," but then it turned out they were like, $20 a pair. F*** that! I'm good.

Comment

hanes for me. I'm not looking for colorful or expensive ones. Not more than $5 a piece. Mostly grey and black and a few a/x whites ones that I got on clearance. As long as it's cotton with some spandex, i'm all good.

Comment

These are truly awesome: Calvin Klein Men's Micro Modal Trunk http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FEC8WY/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01

Or, for a little less, you can get these:

http://shop.piado.us/category/sale-of-the-week

Comment

Can't believe you're holding back on designer underwear - with Marshalls and TJ Maxx all the great gear is available on clearance!

Comment

Good ol' 3-pack of Hanes for me.

Comment

Go to winners/ross etc and buy boxer briefs, I got athletic moisture wicking ones for $3 a pair, they have cotton ones, spandex etc.

I do however like the look of hugo boss ones, they were like $25 for 2 nothing special just a good fit/cut and black and orange is just a sexy combo for boxers.

Comment

The problem I had with boxer briefs was the legs would stretch out quite a bit and become too loose mid way through the day. Maybe they were too cheap, I dont know.

I switch to briefs because of it-Banana republic when they had one of the good sales.

Comment

Cheap cotton ones tend to do that, that's why I switched to more moisture wicking & mesh types, so far joe boxer mesh, boss spandex cotton, and reebok athletics are perfect on legs.

The McGreggor all cotton ones I had ended up very loose.

Comment

^Nice. I'll have give those a look.

Comment

I mix it up, usually when I visit my local outlet or TJ Maxx. Burberry/Hugo Boss 3 pack for ~$15 last I bought some? Or else I get some Puma/Tommy Hilfiger combo packs at TJ Maxx/Marshalls for around the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X