New York City Tailor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York City Tailor?

Hi Dappered gents. I'm a college sophomore just starting to get more mindful about style and I was wondering if any of you knew an easily affordable tailor in the New York City area (one in either Manhattan, Brooklyn, or Queens in that order of preference). I'm mostly looking to get some shirts taken in at the waist, but I'm also interested in hemming some chinos.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Not being rude, but it's been asked before...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...w=1422&bih=828

Comment

Interesting- I logged in with the goal of finding a cheap NYC tailor to alter a couple of beater/everyday sport coats.

CEGO is tops for nice shirts, but I haven't found a cheap, reliable place for suits.

I will give Onay a spin (though it's a bit of a trek as I live on Union Square and work in FiDi) and report back. Good luck.

Comment

Perhaps a sticky for tailor recommendations, nationwide, might not be the worst idea?

Comment

I swear by the Tailoring Room on the LES. Franklin's work is the best, he's honest, and he's a nice guy. Couldn't ask for a better tailor.

Comment

A tailor sticky would get really cluttered...the way it is, you can just google "your city tailor dappered" and get a quick answer (minus the quotes). If you live in a big city.

Comment

I've used Onay and they do good work.

Comment

Working...
              X