Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lands End Canvas Refined Straight Fit Chino sizing issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitseleh
    replied

For what it's worth, I'm just gonna go ahead and say LEC is one of the most inconsistently sized brands across the board, in my experience. I like what I have from them, but during sales, I often order duplicates of everything and almost universally, one of them fits markedly worse than the other.

Leave a comment:

• Policy Nerd
    replied

"Is this kind of variation common with LEC pants? I've ordered plenty of tops from LEC but not many bottoms so I don't really know how common it is."

I have had the same issue. I order only straight up in my size and hope the dart hits. If there is a good sale, I will order a few sizes and return the rest. It is worth the extra time.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

@Anonymous, I tried this recently with LEC and they were not able to do that for me. They said I would have to call the stores as they are not linked to stores' inventory apparently. Either way, that's crazy size variation. They tend to fit pretty slim, especially through the thighs.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousJay
    replied

@Trash, yes the exchanges generally keep the discounts/sales.

@TravisB and Don M, the only problem with trying to exchange them is that I can't quite find them on the site anymore (in Plum Grape and the navy color); I believe they are out of stock.

Maybe I can ask customer service to locate me a pair somewhere possibly in a retail store.

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

Do you know if exchanges maintain any discounts/sales, or if you have to pay the difference if the current price is higher?

Leave a comment:

• TravisB
    replied

I currently have 3 pairs of LEC slim fit chinos and they fit me perfect at 33x32. I ordered a pair of the normal straight fits with the same size 33x32 and the waist fits as if it was a 31x32? You can always take them into any Sears with a LE/LEC and return/exchange them for free (plus free shipping to your house if you order in stores!)

Leave a comment:

• TTigers70
    replied

That is some wild variation. I've notice variation between different types of poplin shirts, for example, but never so noticeably, nor within the same item. Their chinos are a solid staple that can be had for really affordable prices so I'm a fan. I did notice though, that the "refined" straight leg is a lot more slim than the heritage ones for example. Customer service is great so feel free to return and order again.

Leave a comment:

• Focuspants
    replied

I ordered 3 pairs and all were the exact same. Not sure what happened to your orders

Leave a comment:

• Lands End Canvas Refined Straight Fit Chino sizing issues...

Anyone had sizing issues with these?

I purchased them about a week ago. I tried one pair on and decided I liked them and the other 2 pair have been out-of-sight, out-of-mind until I went to prep my clothes for work tomorrow. I tried both pair on and, despite the sizing labels on the pants, they are completely wrong-sized.

The first pair were perfect 32x32 as marked.

The next pair were about 33x35 as measured. The last pair were about 30x30.

Is this kind of variation common with LEC pants? I've ordered plenty of tops from LEC but not many bottoms so I don't really know how common it is.

Working...
X