Suiting help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suiting help...

I was at Banana Republic earlier today and saw the Birdseye suit for about $320.

Joe reviewed it in February as part of a most affordable 5 post.. Here's a picture of the suit..

I was wondering if this suit is conservative enough to be worn at interviews or meetings..

Damn, that's a pretty nice looking suit. Might work for meetings and stuff if you have a classic shirt and tie.

Comment

It looked neat. The fit for 44R is a little snugger on me than what Joe's got but the sleeve width is perfect for me. Every other suit I tried recently is tight on the arms for me (J Crew, Tommy, etc.)

Comment

Yeah, that looks good. In my world that would be a greatI interview suit.

Comment

Agreed. It's beautiful.

Comment

@everyone.. Thanks a lot. I might try it one more time tomorrow & grab it. If nothing, I can always return it later I suppose. $320 looks like a good price for this suit.

Comment

@pratyk: That's a very versatile suit that will break up the monotony of navy and charcoal suits most interviewees will encounter. Whats the inshore promotion at BR?

Comment

25% but this was on sale (300 for the jacket, 129 for the pants) so 429$ retail & 321.75$ after 25% discount

Comment

To build on Acousticfoodie's question - any offshore discounts? ;-)

Comment

@pratyk: Let me know if you buy that suit and, if so, what you think. I've been considering buying it for a few months now, as I'm in the market for a gray/charcoal suit.

I have one BR suit - the solid navy in their Tailored Fit - but haven't been overly impressed with its quality. The sleeves and waist area of the blazer have these random fibers that peek out through the fabric's surface, similar to what is described in this review. Not sure what is the cause of that, but I hope it's not common across all BR suits since I like the fit and price of most of them.

Comment

So I passed on the suit. They did not have any 46" sizes in store to try. I wore a dress shirt to get a better idea & the 44 fit well except that there was a weird crease forming on my right pectoral/arm joint.

I guess I'll wait a couple of more weeks, hope my regimen helps me lose half an inch off & i fit the navy 44" well so that I could scoop it using the 40% 1 full price item coupons in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

@pratyk is this suit available online? Cant seem to find it. Would like to try it out.

Comment

@pratyk - I actually purchased this suit in the Spring, and wore to an interview! I think it's a great suit; from a distance, looks like a grey suit, but up close, has some personality to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X