My shoes are (slightly) too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shoes are (slightly) too big

So a few months ago a found a pair of Paul Stuart driving loafers at my local Goodwill. After a bit of work with them, they are quite nice. Not to mention the leather is so soft it's like walking on damn pillows.

But the problem is, the size is maybe half a size larger than my size. I can still wear them without someone noticing, but they're loose enough to annoyingly flip-flop on my feet. I tried using a pair of Dr Scholls inserts I had lying around, and although they made the heel fit better, it would squish my toes. Thicker socks also don't help (unless they are super thick, which is a no go in Florida).

With a normal pair of shoes I'd just give up, but these are just too nice to fail. Any suggestions?

Well, try pads or insole. If it fails, sell them. No shoe is better than ill-fitted shoe.

Comment

perhaps stuff each toe with one sock, cut up t-shirt, or even a couple of those disposable socks from the shoe stores (the fabric makes it breathable and prevents moisture from lingering)

Comment

try giving those heel pads a try. when I had a pair of shoes that were a bit large I went and purchased the aldo insoles. it is really thin and comfortable. go to an aldo store to give them a try.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/accessor...6725-471_073/0

Comment

Good ideas. I'll give the stuffed toe a try and if that doesn't work I'll try out some heel pads/insoles.

Thanks all.

Comment

Philanthropy is for everyone (China Daily),sacs louis vuitton
            Updated: 2010-10-28 08:07 2010-10-28 08:07:32.0Philanthropy namely for everyonephilanthropy11022303From the [email protected]/enpproperty-->
            Comment on"Wealthy discreet of grand giveaways" (China Daily,sac louis vuitton, Oct 20)

Many folk assume that China's super-rich are expected to donate at least chapter of their asset apt the poor,sac louis vuitton pas cher, especially afterward United Sates' billionaire-philanthropists Bill Gates and Warren Buffett hosted a generosity dinner among Beijing.

According apt the latest world's richest account China has more billionaires than anybody other nation No wonder, the public thinks China's super-rich should donate as charity apt expenditure after chapter of what they owe to society.

But the significance of the issue extends beyond the spirit of charity The public is inclined apt measure the money the rich donate to make sure their benevolence. The converge of philanthropy is,nevertheless shifting. Good deeds are not finite apt the super-rich barely are being shared by the plenary society. Some folk are misled by the perspective that only the wealthy tin contribute to generosity

The fact is good deeds never only behalf others,only also those who do it,as they bring truce to the center Irrespective of our commitment apt philanthropy,sac louis vuitton pas cher,every penny we donate is worthy of the doing

Feng Qiaojie,through e-mail

Readers' remarks are greet Please bring your e-mail apt [email protected] or [email protected] alternatively apt the individual columnists. China Daily keeps the right to rectify forever letters. Thank you.

China Daily

(China Daily 10/28/2010 page9)Related links?
            <ul>[*]sacsamainxsoldes 56[*]sac louis vuitton pas cher Updated[/list]

Comment

Working...
            X