Nordstrom/Beren AE Orders Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordstrom/Beren AE Orders Discussion

I started this thread to keep the discussion out of the deals thread.

I just got an e-mail telling me that both my PAs and Strands are backordered. I'm guessing that they are delaying all the orders until they figure out if they will honor them.

From the other thread -

I received the same e-mail when I did this on Monday, and the shoes shipped out directly from AE on Tuesday. I received them this morning. Nordstrom simply doesn't stock many of these directly and it takes an extra day to get them from the AE factory, hence the auto-notification.

Comment

I haven't gotten an email but the rep I talked to was super ditzy and said the system wouldnt save my email. I might have gotten upset if it werent for getting over 50% off brand new AEs and the fact that she sounded cute. *shrug*

Comment

Thanks for the update Chris!

BTW, if this deal goes through, I'm nominating you for deal finder of the year. :-)

Comment

Agreed that Chris gets the Grand Poobah hat.

I hope that all of these calls, e-mails and inquiries to Nordstrom don't have a negative impact on the outcome many of us are waiting for. Perhaps we should let things lie? Just a suggestion.

Comment

So I'm sure i missed the possibility (which makes me sad because I could really use a pair of PAs), but why didn't people order from this Beren place originally? I see now that there aren't even listing any Allen Edmonds on their site.

Comment

Deke - They only had akward sizes left.

Comment

Ah, thanks. Well damn, kind of disappointed I missed all of this.

Comment

I did order from Beren at the $207 price point and they are canceling my order due to the fact, that they cannot find the shoes..

Comment

Beren cancelled my order for the $147 Elgins. Very strange.

Comment

My Beren Strands are arriving Tuesday. I ordered soon after the post was made. My Nordstrom PA's are showing as delayed, but as a previous post mentioned, AE is fulfilling them directly. My thoughts are that AE asked Beren to pull the sale and then took back the inventory. As a result, Nordstrom wouldn't be obligated to price match. But who knows what the real story is.

This whole thing reminds me of the Slickdeals / HP Touchpad Firesale from a year ago, except I'll get more use from these shoes than a tablet running clunky software (of which is now running Android ICS pretty smoothly).

Comment

An update from Beren... I sent their customer service an e-mail yesterday when they were pulled. Does this give us hope? Or not?

Thank you for your message asking about Allen Edmonds here at Beren Shoes. We have them on sale in our store but the designer has requested that we do not market online at the sale prices, so the items were removed from the website. The shoes are still available at the 50% off price if you would like to call and place an order at 800-886-9797.

Comment

LOL!

I bet Nordstrom tipped off AE.

Comment

I just called Beren... They have no more AEs. The salesperson laughed when I asked, and I followed up with, "What's funny?" She said, "Oh, nothing."

Comment

Maybe it's in the contract that they can't retail so low.

Comment

Working...
                              X