Looking for WingTip Shoes in Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for WingTip Shoes in Miami

First let me thank dappered.com for helping me switch my style i recently lost weight and have the confidence to look sharp (i was tired of the jeans n tshirt all the time).

im looking for my first pair of Wingtip shoes but want to make sure I like how they feel (not too stiff[leather]) and fit (I have a wide foot) so I prefer to go local. My budget is $100-$200 max (I know kinda low but like I said its my first pair n im always broke). Im looking for something black or brown with a sole either brown (wood) or colorful. I saw a few pairs I really liked at Adventura mall but didnt want to rush into buying something without making sure i havent checked other places. I guess I rather have something I can wear with jeans.

Fellow Miamian, you are in luck. You can try on some Allen Edmonds at certain Nordstroms (Merrick Park carries them) and wait for their July 20th sale coming up ($160-$219 depending on the model). Lots of models on sale, and they will order you them in wide sizes for you if needed.

Also, Florsheim at Dadeland has some wingtips that come in wider sizes. I just bought longwings their recently and didn't even buy them in a wide, the regular D size fit fine. Most models there are $180 or lower. Even cheaper online once you get your size down.

Depending on the models you try on, they will all work with jeans, chinos, etc.

Avoid DSW and Aldo, they rarely carry wide sizes, and the shoes are typically crap construction.

Comment

Damn double post...

Comment

Florsheim Veblens were on sale for ~$90 at Macys couple of days ago. They might go back again soon. They are on a large last so they fit wide IMO, usually a 9D and had to size down to an 8D for it to work on me.

You can also find a lot of good deals at DSW, just don't get their house brands Mike Konos/Mercanti Florentini leather feels plasticky.

Comment

Working...
        X