Cheap linen sport coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap linen sport coat?

A month or so ago I tried on that brown linen sport coat from the Gap: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=65295&vid=1&pid=137868

It looked and felt great, but my size wasn't available, and, plus, it wasn't on sale, so I passed it up. Does anyone know of any other decent linen sport coat in the sub-$100 range, of a similar style and color?

Incidentally, I'm wondering if anyone else here has the same kind of fit problem I do when finding coats. I have extremely narrow shoulders, maybe size 36, but my chest, back, and the rest of my torso are much larger (in the z-dimension) -- thus 36 is often tight in the chest and back while 38 fits my shoulders too loose ly. How can I solve this? I usually just opt for 36 anyway...

I just grabbed one from Uniqlo for $30 (normally $80) last week. Not the highest quality, but for a super lightweight summer casual blazer I can't complain. I went with size medium in their "slim fit" and it's perfect for me. (38 jacket, but like you, the shoulders of 36 jackets work better ~ 17")

Not sure how often they run those deals.

I also have an H&M linen jacket like that in grey that I think was around $70 and pretty slim.

I have the exact same narrow shoulder problem as you. The good news is that both of the ones I mentioned run slim, and they also have narrow shoulders. (Any unstructured blazer without shoulder padding works better for guys like us anyway)

Comment

Haven't gotten the Uniqlo sport coat over here yet. They said they had a problem fulfilling my order, so we'll see what happens. You described my experience perfectly too. I could wear some 34 jackets for the shoulders, usually a 36, but the rest of it is all wrong.

Comment

I've got a navy blue linen jacket from H&M for $70. It's obviously a little cheap, but it doesn't look too bad. Last I checked, they had them in 36.

Comment

Check out Macy's INC sportcoats.

"We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

Has anyone seen linen/cotton options for more regular/broad shoulders? Uniqlo, H&M, and Macy's all have the look I want, but everything is cut slim.

Comment

I got my Uniqlo sport coats today. Quality is meh, I will probably return them. I normally wear a size 36 in H&M and Yoox jackets and the smalls I got are too big in both the shoulders and the waist. I would probably fit an XS fine but the quality is meh so I think I'd rather just get my money back. The jackets have very minimal lining though, which is nice. I just think that they feel too cheap that I wouldn't wear them vs jackets I already own.

I have the H&M jacket, also mentioned, and they are okay for the money. I have it in blue and tan from earlier in the season when they were first released and I was just getting into buying clothes again. They are fully lined, which is the major bummer aspect of them and kind of cuts down on the usability. Arm holes could also be higher, IMO. If you go to hm.com you can get a 20% off code for one item. I regret buying the two jackets because at $140 total I would have rather just gotten one nicer jacket. FWIW, the linen pants that match the jacket are great.

Zara is having a sale right now with some decent linen and linen/cotton blends.

Comment

I dislike the cut of the sleeve, but Perry Ellis also has a huge like up of linen/cotton blend sport coats

"We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

I like INC from Macy's. I just picked up a new one with tags off ebay for $11.50

Comment

I bought the Uniqlo medium and it fits my 5'11 40R frame quite nicely in all areas but length. I tailored the hell out of it to get a perfect fit, and then decided that it was just too darned short. It would be perfect for someone who wanted a 40S linen blazer. I'd steer away from Uniqlo's offerings unless you're on the shorter side.

Comment

Working...
                    X