Tailoring Possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailoring Possibilities

Good day all, and happy Independence Day to the Americans on the board.

Question, I managed to thrift three very nice Brooks Brothers suits, all of which are in my size and fit excellently in the shoulders and in the waist (which, I should mention, is very rare, I have an 8" to 10" drop.) The suits feel to have Super 120's or so fabric, they're really quality garments, so I want to keep them.

The issue is, however, is that the gentleman who donated them must have been either some sort of international squat champion or simply spent his day swimming in fabric like I am because the legs are just enormously too large and the seat drops perilously low. I'm happy to have them tailored, but there seems to be SO much material that I'm unsure it's even possible at this point. I prefer my suits to fit very close, like Indochino model close. Is it possible to remove that much fabric and take up the crotch that much? While I realize that these descriptions are somewhat broad, I just thought someone would know if large amounts of trimming is possible. Pictures can be posted if that would be helpful.

Wow, nice finds! I would go to a tailor who only deals with men's clothing and get ready for a $70+ bill for each pair of pants. Pants can be completely hacked up and re-done, but it takes an expert to make it look good since this is way more than a simple hem. If the colors are solid, you could entertain finding a matching pant, but that would be Plan C.

Comment

$70 isn't awful for the quality.. And yeah, the colors are solid (olive, navy, and brown), but getting the quality of suit pants to match the jacket might be a real issue, and the trouble to do it might put me over the edge of just getting rid of them since the jackets have some minor issues with them (one has no vents, all are 3 button which I dislike, rather long in the tail...)

Comment

Working...
      X