Help finding a brown suit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding a brown suit.

One of my friends is getting married this fall and his lady wants to buy the brown Ludlow suit from J Crew. Well I don't know if I'd say it's brown but I don't really know the color. Maybe camel? Anyway, I'd give you a link but they don't have that color available online. Currently it can be found here http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...avLoc=left_nav.

Anyway, he doesn't want to spend that much money, and more importantly I'm in the wedding and she wants us to wear either just the pants or maybe the full suit, and I definitely don't want to spend that much money.

I told them about the made to measure sites but we couldn't find any that offered a suit in that color. Do you have any suggestions? If it's going to be more expensive than the J Crew option then don't worry about posting it. I like the suits but I've only got a couple suits and I don't want to blow my load on a brown suit. I'd love to get one later on but not right now. Thanks.

For a cotton suit you might look at Zara http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-S2012-s/244944/668507/TAN%2BBLAZER

Without knowing the body styles of the groomsmen (Zara runs pretty tappered) its hard to tell but worth a look. The blazer and pants will set you back 200 and everyone can use a nice lightweight suit.

Comment

If you rent a tux, you'll spend $150 and still not have a terrific fit. You could spend $379 on an Indochino suit with a $75 tailoring credit. I would only go with a MTM suit if everyone were in pretty good physical shape. A big fella really looks out of place in one of the slim-fitting styles (even a Ludlow with its skinny lapels). If everyone is pretty big, a less-slim-fitting style would be appropriate. Think more traditional Hickey Freeman or Express's Producer instead of the Photographer. Bar III and Alfani Red at Macy's are very slim while the rest of their selection is more traditional.

All factors to consider. Plus brown is probably a good 4th or 6th suit in the wardrobe. Not as versatile as a navy or gray or charcoal or a subtle pattern.

Comment

Working...
      X