Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style Debate: Poor Fit vs. Logos

Gents, have a question regarding style preference here:

If you did not had your own wardrobe at your disposal, and you were in a situation where you had to decide between wearing a shirt that fit very poorly for whatever reason (oversized, bad collar stance, "classic" balloon fit, etc.), or something that fit you extremely well with large brand logos, which would you go for, and why?

vs. black shoes :P

I'd always take fit. Even with garish clothing, I think fit is the most important aspect of dressing oneself.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

For sure the logos. I don't always even mind them. And fit is most important. I wish I could find things that fit perfectly but that just have logos...

Comment

If you were to graph prominence of logos vs. wear-ability, it would be an S curve. Small logos are perfectly fine, but as you get large they eventually reach the Ed Hardy asymptote.

I would say fit is linear.

So in conclusion, it depends on the prominence of the logos, but personally I tend toward worse fit over logos.

Comment

@greg: wise ass

Comment

When you mean big, do you mean Aeropostale, Hollister, American Eagle big? I might have to go naked lol I used to be logo kind of guy back in the day, I actually was thinking of getting the RL pony tattooed on my chest, now they make me cringe....

but to answer your question, fit. I can always remove the logo unless it's embroidered.

Comment

Depends on the brand whether or not I'm willing or not to show logos. For example, Lacoste = OK. Hollister = No way.

Comment

Are we talking he express MASSIVE lion logo? or something like Brooks Brothers where it's a silly looking logo but small.

I'd keep whatever the nicest clothing is in that situation though, if you have a 2 ply chambray vs a cotton&spandex shirt go with the 2 ply(if it doesn't fit, save up and get it tailored asap)

Comment

Always a good fit. I can deal with the connotations that come with wearing large logos.

Comment

I prefer a good fit. I remember reading some of the comments on that logo post Joe made and was taken aback by how much some people hate logos. It's...just a logo. I agree, as long as it's small, I don't mind. I don't necessarily want to wear a logo'd polo but if it fits and looks good, I won't care.

Comment

I could take it both ways. Wait a sec...

Comment

Working...
                      X