Are Bushacres business casual/Shoes for first day of work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Bushacres business casual/Shoes for first day of work

Starting a new job, and I don't know what shoes to wear on my first day. My Allen Edmond's aren't ready yet and my other pair of dress shoes are a pair of Brutini Wingtips - I'm worried that the wingtips are too flashy and I don't want to send the wrong message on my first day.

Besides the two, I have Bushacres, McAlisters, a pair of Clark oxfords and some Gordon Rush square toes. Any thoughts?

What are people wearing in your office/department?

If in suits, no.

If biz casual (chino/dress shirts), no.

If in jeans, you can wear whatever you want.

Comment

It's my first day so I don't really know. I asked my boss and she just said business casual.

Comment

What industry is it?

Comment

For the first week, I would wear a little nicer shoe. After the first week, you should have a better idea of the dress code and then you can adjust accordingly.

Comment

I despise when people say to "just wear business casual" as if that helps at all... I've worked at companies where business casual meant something as roguish as a glen plaid suit or a slim tie with your navy wool suit, and some companies where that meant jean shorts and a pocket tee.

Comment

This will sound obscenely sexist, but are there more women or men at your workplace? My workplace is dominated by women, and if you dress it up very few people will think you're 'trying too hard'.

On the other hand, I think when an environment is dominated by men, going above and beyond (as a man) will set you up for more criticism. The male threshold for perceived affectation (from men) seems to be lower.

Comment

I agree with Lib. Working in an engineering environment (very few women), there is really no room to "dress up".

Jeans and a polo is business casual for most, in that kind of environment.

Comment

I was invited to wear business casual to my first day of work. I wore gray wool slacks, black Park Aves, a v-neck sweater and tie. I was underdressed--everyone else just wore a suit. I wouldn't say wear a suit, but slacks, dress shoes, odd jacket and tie? I think you're good.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X