Attire for Martha's Vinyard HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attire for Martha's Vinyard HELP

Ok i'm going to the vinyard. The game plan is to dress preppy and unleash my inner fratdaddy. Figure I would rock my seersucker shorts, oxford shirts, and boat shoes with my rayban aviators. If anyones has any style input for the vinyard please let me know I don't want to look out of place. The plan is to party like rock stars and pick up babes all week.

Right. Since you're ready to rock out with your frat out, you should head to your nearest retail outlet or mall and purchase the following:

1) Polo shirts with enormous logos. If the logo is less than 8" you should immediately throw it back. Self-standing collars are also highly recommended. The collar should also be able to touch the bottom of your ear lobes off the rack. No additional tailoring required.

2) Plaid. Plaid. Plaid. If you don't have at least 5 pairs of plaid cargo shorts, you might as well just stay home. Make sure each cargo pocket can hold at least two bud lite cans each.

3) Bottle Opener Sandals. If you aren't using the bottom of your urine doused sandals to open your beer, you aren't living.

4) Axe Body Spray. You're going to want to let them know you're coming. No proper frat dude leaves the house with out a proper hosing of ABS. Insider tip: the Northeast lends itself to their Extreme Tropical Banana scent this time of year.

5) Nair for Men. Babes like their men hairless. Everyone knows this. Disregard the warnings on the bottle discouraging use in the groin area. That's nonsense.

Comment

LOL I knew I would get a response like this. Well I did get my bonobos store credit back so I just got a plaid shirt and a pair of pants. I do however like the idea of the bottle opener sandals... haha.

Comment

@frost - LOL.

@Ryan87 - Don't forget the Condoms for all the babes that you are going to be picking up.

Comment

Obviously at least a 50 pack

Comment

Make sure they're ribbed magnums dood. Sorority chicks LOVE those.

Comment

Lol. Frost, I love the write-up, but fraternities must be awfully different where you're from. You'd be getting publicly ridiculed for 1, 2, 4, and 5 at the majority of frats I interacted with.

Comment

In the Northeast, the term "fratboy" is synonymous with "douchebag."

Comment

@frost by Northeast do you mean everywhere?

Comment

@bremersm seconded.

Comment

Hey its the vinyard - im pretty sure its mandatory to dress like that if you want any type of play

Comment

Don't forget the "Summer's Eve" pocket square

Comment

@ everyone but Deke -- way to wear your jealousy well and stereotype, it's very becoming. I find it interesting how it's become so in vogue to bash on frat guys, when independents make all the same (if not worse, depending on school/location) style mistakes that Greeks do.

I'm with Deke, y'all must have had terrible experiences with fraternity life (or lack thereof). And yes, plenty of dbags in fraternities, as there are numerous ones in non-fraternity life.

Comment

Frat= buying your friends cause you can't make really ones. Call me a liar and I will tell you about every fratbro I have ever met. Just a sad excuse to waste mommy and daddy's money.

In all seriousness just got stock on on some logo'ed Polos and you will fit right in.

Comment

Well this veered in a helpful direction. @Ryan, I think you're on the right track. Summer preppy wear: linen, seersucker, madras, boat shoes, polos.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                              X