trouser sizing/drop on Suit Supply suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouser sizing/drop on Suit Supply suits

I'm looking at ordering a Napoli suit and I've potentially found a way I can get "separates" while doing it.

My question, to those who own Suit Supply suits, is how the trousers fit. I'm trying to ask customer service to get me a 36R jacket with trousers that would equate to a 31" or 32" pant size. I wear 31" in J.Crew Urban Slim Fit, LEC slim fit, 30" or 31" in GAP and BR, 32" in Levi's 514.

So, I guess I have two questions. What is the drop on Suit Supply trousers? Because I think I am going to have to order separate trousers as sized by the jacket they would normally pair with.

And, how do Suit Supply trousers fit compared to some of the common brands I've posted above? I'm a little concerned that I should size up to a 32".

Thanks!

Edit: Nvm about the drop. Just found the measurements on their site. Any comments as to fit would still be appreciated, though.

Ben

7 inch drop if I'm not mistaken and the fit is pretty slim. if you think 31 would be tight, it will. Plus you can always get it taken in if it's too loose for your tastes.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Yeah they fit very slim which is good because it would look very weird with baggy pants and a well fitting jacket. I am usually a 31 and I went with the standard 36R and the pants fit me fine. I own 3 suits from them and I have found very slight variations in the waist. The first one I got was very snug in the waist and across the seat but the other 2 are quite comfortable despite being a marked 30 when I am usually a 31. I think the opening is about 15.5" if that is helpful too.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. Just pulled the trigger on the Napoli Antra Pinstripe with 36R jacket and 38R-sized trousers (32" waist).

For those wondering, I e-mailed their CS earlier this week. I was informed that there are two styles (outside the MTM stuff) that can be paired with differently-sized trousers - the Napoli Antra (grey) Pinstripe and the Navy Pinstripe. I'm crossing my fingers that the pinstripes are fairly subtle in-person.

In order to actually get the differently-sized trousers, you have to place your order and then contact CS. Sort of a cumbersome method, but hopefully it will work out.

I also asked that they hem the pants in-store before shipping to me. I have no idea if they'll actually do it or not, though. It would save me a few bucks and a trip to the tailors if they did, which would be nice.

Ben

Comment

What are your measurements, if you don't mind? I've been itching to try one of these suits but I'm afraid the 36R Napoli will be a bag on me.

Hope it works out for you.

Comment

5'9", 150 lbs. 37" chest, 30" natural waist but I wear 31-32 to accommodate my ghetto skiing/biking booty. My thighs are 24" in circumference without flexing... so I definitely need a little extra room compared to most guys with similar height/weight. I wear a 36R in BR Tailored Fit, Bonobos, J.Crew Ludlow, and basically every other slim-fit jacket. I size up to 38R from H&M.

FWIW, seems like Suitsupply offers almost all their stuff in a 35R. I thought about going with that jacket size, but I'm playing it a little conservative and hoping that their 36R is on the fitted side.

Ben

Comment

Ben at your height one thing to be mindful of is the length of the jacket. I think I measured the Napoli at 31" from the bottom of the collar. I am just a shade under 6' and it seemed well proportioned on me but you may find it a bit on the long side. Blame the tall Dutch.

Comment

Any follow-up to this, Ben?

Comment

Well - maybe.

Pants and jacket shipped separately. Pants arrived today, and the 32 fits fine, though the rise is quite a bit higher than I had expected. They are a couple inches too long so I'll need to get them hemmed sometime soon. The quality is certainly a step above everything else I've encountered in this general price range (Hugo Boss, Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic, Bonobos, J.Crew, Ben Sherman, etc.).

ETA on the jacket is Monday. Not sure why they are arriving so far apart, especially since the jacket shipped first, but who knows. The fit of the jacket is obviously a much more important aspect to the suit than the pants so I'm withholding overall judgment until I've got the whole thing together.

Ben

Comment

In case it is helpful to anyone, I've been emailing with Suitsupply, and due to demand, they will be adding 36S suits. Not sure on the timeframe yet.

Comment

Got my jacket in the mail yesterday. Tried it on and... I'm a little torn up about it. It fits pretty well, but not perfect. I think it's a hair too big all around. Not in a sack suit kind of way, but, you know, just not as trim and form-fitting as a dapper gentleman would like his suit.

On the bright side, the pinstripe is not at all obnoxious or gangstery. From more than a couple feet away, it just adds a bit of visual texture to the suit.

I've emailed customer service to see if I can order a 35R jacket and compare the 35 and 36 side-by-side at home. FWIW, customer service has been good far.

Ben

Comment

Thanks for the update! Hopefully the new jacket works out.

I'm thinking I'll go MTM with this info. Shame because I like the look of these suits.

Comment

Got my new 35R jacket in the mail today. It's basically a perfect fit. Now that I know one of the jackets will work, I've taken the trousers to get hemmed. I'll try to post some pics once those get back.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                          X