Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hornsup84
    replied

It could probably work with a black gingham, depending on what suit/coat you're looking to wear with it. Dark grey suit or coat/light grey tie/B&W ging could start being pretty intensely monochromatic, but also could be pretty cool too. One would have to check it out together to really tell.

Leave a comment:

• Dangle
    replied

Thanks guys. I initially bought it thinking it would work with the black Calibrate gingham, but from what I'm reading I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

Very light blue or lavender would work as well. As long as the shirt works, it would go with a variety of blazer colors and patterns.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied

I'd go white shirt, darker gray suit (doesn't need to be charcoal, but just darker than the tie) with that tie. Depending on what you have available, I think it'd look great swapping in a pink shirt (lighter pink, not too dark) in lieu of the white as well, giving the tie a bit more contrast.

Leave a comment:

• Dangle
    replied

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page.asp?pn=13708&orderPageReturn=%2Fcategor yPages%2FAll_Ties.asp&pg=1&categoryIds=31,63,55&op tionValueIds=

The 3" one

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

Pic?

Leave a comment:

• Dangle
    replied

Light-mid Grey cotton tie? What color shirts? I heard the the tie should usually be darker than the shirt

Leave a comment:

• redsubway
    replied

I almost made a new thread, but then I figured I'd just resurrect this one. You're welcome!

I recently bought the LEC Heritage Chambray Workshirt in grey (http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-th...236482_-1.html). It looks great, and it fits great. But besides dark jeans, what can I wear this with. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• pitseleh
    replied

See, what I'm taking from that is... don't buy a leather jacket. Fair enough! Honestly, I very, very rarely go more casual than a polo. Maybe in another life...

Leave a comment:

• jessy_diamond
    replied

@Big_Scooter Great minds think alike!

@pitseleh I see leather jackets as a very casual item. To me, it looks at home with a t-shirt and jeans. I could probably wear a dress shirt with it, but I would stay clear of ties. You're wearing a leather jacket, you're too cool for ties.

Leave a comment:

• pitseleh
    replied

Okay, I've got a good one. Leather jackets - like, a medium brown one. I saw one at Gap a few weeks back, and I've decided that I think I might want one, but have no idea how to fit one in with my normal wardrobe. I tend to wear, at the most casual, oxfords and sometimes polos, and generally, stick to dress shirts/ties under sweaters or sport coats. How does one take the business casual look and fit a badass looking leather jacket into it without looking awkward?

Leave a comment:

• Big_Scooter
    replied

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/how-the-heck-do-i-wear

I thought it was a good idea, too. Didn't take off though.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied

I'd go with navy and khaki still, just have to watch more what colors you sport up top to make sure it goes / isn't too busy.

Leave a comment:

• bj
    replied

@trash Got it. I like burgundy and navy together.

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

@hornsup84 and @BJ, they're burgundy suede, they're a bit more vibrant than the picture let's on. Not too loud but definitely not a color you see everyday. I have the brown nubuck version as well but that's fairly versatile, I impulse bought the burgundy ones but have yet to wear them. I'll bust them out this weekend if it doesn't rain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X