Has anyone ever ruined a style for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the cool of Rayban Wayfarer Rx glasses however their is a kid at work with a pair of WalMart knock offs and he completely ruined the look for me.

Rick Santorum & the Sweater Vest.

Comment

Not yet, but Indochino is really trying to ruin the suit for me with this Superhero collection. I mean, seriously? http://www.indochino.com/

Comment

If this was a women's style forum, I'd probably have to complain about the new affinity for yoga pants taken up by fatties.

Comment

@frost the thought of a Fattie McButterpants in Yoga pants make me shudder.

Comment

I'm a teacher, and was rocking Red Wing work boots (not Iron Rangers, but the kind construction workers wear) with raw denim and khakis. One day I saw another guy wearing hiking boots as his style choice, and hit a little too close to home. I didn't want to be the guy wearing hiking boots to work.

Now I have some Iron Rangers for the fall.

Comment

I was just talking about the Superhero line: http://dappered.com/2012/06/affordable-navy-suits-the-best-of-the-best/#comment-567706474

Basically: Boo. On. That.

For every douche in a tieless suit, there are classy Clooney types who wear it well. Same with the sweater vest. But I see what you mean. For me, the look usually matches the person's personality. And if I don't want to be perceived as the type in a Going Out Shirt, I won't wear one. Same with gold chains. Drop crotch pants. Watches. Clean shaven faces.

Comment

Watches?

Comment

What's wrong with shaving your face?!

Comment

I knew a guy that, in retrospect, was fairly stylish in some respects. However, he was such a douchebag that he definitely tainted me on a few things I would normally like, just because I didn't want to seem like I was emulating him. It seems pretty foolish and petty looking at it from an outside perspective, but it's certainly a real phenomenon that I think can extend past just fashion.

Comment

This ruined my eyes

Comment

I don't get people who don't get watches.

Ben

Comment

Wow, NC. Watches? Seldom do I find myself vehemently disagreeing with you

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

BenR, I'm still waiting for you to sell your watch collection to me.

Comment

Haha... I'm getting there. I guess I should probably get on that....

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X