slim fit dress khakis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slim fit dress khakis?

Does anyone know where I can find a good pair of slim-fitting dress khakis (that ideally would also work well in a business casual context) for less than or near $100? At the mall over the weekend I tried on a pair of Express' "Producer" pants, but the fit was awkward. I saw a decent looking pair at Gap but worried that they might be a little too casual.

I suggest the Dockers' new Slim Fit D1 chinos. I picked-up a pair at Macy's last week and love thm. They can really dress-up or down. Check sales and you really can't go wrong!

Comment

MRD, post a pic of the chinos you saw at gap...Also LEC has a really nice slim fit chino, fits nice at the thighs and has a tapered leg...with about a 7" openeing

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

I own five pairs of the Dockers D1s and one pair of LEC slim fits. I prefer the Dockers myself, and they're on sale pretty often. The pockets on the LEC slim fits kind of puff out awkwardly. I'm not sure how much they can be dressed up, though.

Comment

@William: I had a pair of Dockers D1 before. They were comfortable and looked good in both dress and business casual outfits, but weren't as slim as I would like. I may just suck it up, get a pair of the Never Iron Essential Khakis, and have my tailor slim the leg down a bit. An 18" leg opening is really not all that slim.

I own two pairs of their SF Tapered Khakis from last fall and love them (seriously - I'd sleep in them if I could), but I'm worried that they are a little too casual for the work place.

@MaxMan: I didn't try on the pants at Gap and unfortunately I don't see them on the Gap website, so no pictures

Comment

Dockers has introduced the D0 extra-SF which may be closer to what you're looking for (but I haven't tried them on so can't attest to the fit or anything). Check it: http://us.dockers.com/family/index.j...71557.11162313

Comment

I have the two pair of khaki's from the GAP and they are good; not great, but good. Dirt cheap when on sale ( I think I got two pairs for 60ish) but still a great value even when not on sale. The cotton isn't the greatest quality and you definitely notice it when it comes out of the wash ( very wrinkly with either line dry or dryer) so you do have to give them a quick iron but it doesn't take long. I have the gray mini-pinstripe ones (my party pants!) and the classic khaki (both the tailored fit not actually trailored) and they a great balance of affordability and style.

Comment

Tried D1's on once and thought I was wearing bell bottoms. I guess if you're going to have them tapered they're fine, but why should you have to?

For casual/business you can't go wrong with Rugby Vintage University Chino. Rugby just had a huge closeout sale, I wish you posted this up two weeks ago. I also am a big fan of J.Crew USF Essential Chino. Have them in khaki and love them. They're my most versatile pant, casual to work, they fit all realms.

Comment

FYI, Just got my Rugby Vintage University chino's in yesterday. They're my new favorite chinos without a doubt. Beat out the J. Crew USF Essential chino by far... And less expensive. I knew by looking at them that they could go business or casual, but I didn't know that they woud feel this confortable.

Rugby chinos > J. Crew USF chinos

Comment

Bonobos Mudslides - they're slim fitting but stretch-cotton. Absolutely love 'em! Pricey, but new customers get $50 off. The fabric is perhaps a bit light for winter, but otherwise they're superb!

http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/The_Mud_Slides

Comment

I have to say that the D1 fit from Dockers have been my favorite pants in a long time. I've ordered about six different colors styles & they do seem pretty easy to dress up/down.

Also, the 18" opening is great for the cowboy boots I've also become addicted to wearing.

Comment

Just to update everyone - I ended up buying the urban slim fit in J. Crew's Bowery pants (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/p...1606/21606.jsp). Great pair of pants I highly recommend.

Comment

Good choice. J.Crew has some great khakis. Not at great prices, but definitely underrated in fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X