Casual chelsea boot recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casual chelsea boot recommendation

I purchased the Rhodes Huxley chelsea boot recently, and unfortunately the boots are too small. (I should have ignored their recommendation to size down.) However, I wouldn't have kept them even if they had fit because the leather on the heel is significantly different from the leather on the front of the boots, and I'm not a fan of the two-tone effect.

I thought about rolling the dice on a re-order, but I'll probably try something else. So, I'm in the market for a similarly-styled chelsea boot. I want to stick with leather but avoid smooth calf. I'd consider suede but I'd prefer to go with a roughout/tumbled/distressed style instead. I'd also like to avoid going too casual (no big-lugged soles for example). I'd be wearing these mostly with dark denim, i.e., casual but not mailing it in entirely. Something in the same price range as the Huxley would be nice, but I'd spend more (e.g. Allen Edmonds territory) on something I really liked.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

RM Williams boots are my chelsea boot benchmarks. I have a few of their boots in calf and suede and highly recommend them.

If you know your size well, you can order via BootsOnline.com.au and get them for around AE pricing.

Comment

Allen Edmonds Liverpool. They're exceptionally versatile. They look equally handsome in denim, chinos, and a suit.

Comment

Originally posted by srlclark
        I recently bought the Jack Erwin Ellis in sand suede, which, by the way, is actually sand nubuck. It's pretty clearly nubuck visually, and the box labels it as such. Anyway, if you can deal with the mislabeling, it may fit the bill. It is a pretty casual Chelsea, both because of the light color, and because of the nubuck material, and because of the blake stitch. .
        I have the same boot in brown leather. I'm quite happy with it, although the leather doesn't polish up quite as nice as I like--but for the price, and compared to a couple of To Boot NY boots I tried and returned in the same price range, they are superior. To me, the shape, etc., is what a Chelsea boot should look like.

I was also happy with the penny loafers I got on clearance for way cheap, except for the fit which was a bit large, and after I got some C&J penny loafers, it was no comparison--so, I donate them. but they were excellent for the price.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by forcemajeure View Post
          I purchased the Rhodes Huxley chelsea boot recently, and unfortunately the boots are too small. (I should have ignored their recommendation to size down.) However, I wouldn't have kept them even if they had fit because the leather on the heel is significantly different from the leather on the front of the boots, and I'm not a fan of the two-tone effect.

I thought about rolling the dice on a re-order, but I'll probably try something else. So, I'm in the market for a similarly-styled chelsea boot. I want to stick with leather but avoid smooth calf. I'd consider suede but I'd prefer to go with a roughout/tumbled/distressed style instead. I'd also like to avoid going too casual (no big-lugged soles for example). I'd be wearing these mostly with dark denim, i.e., casual but not mailing it in entirely. Something in the same price range as the Huxley would be nice, but I'd spend more (e.g. Allen Edmonds territory) on something I really liked.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
          So, does covd-19 satisfy a you clause or not?

Comment

Working...
          X