Living in the southwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark4 View Post
    Whatever you wear in the heat of a Carolina Piedmont summer should be fine in the SW as far as comfort. The sun in the SW is a little more intense so be a little more careful about getting burned. If you've ever wanted to experiment with elements of Western flair - a bolo tie, big belt buckle, cowboy hat or boots (or both) this is your chance. Those looks are far more mainstream out there than anywhere else. Keep in mind that the temperature is partially determined by elevation - if you're up in say Santa Fe or Taos or Flagstaff - it will be decidedly cooler. Last May I was in Tucson and it was pretty hot down there on the hottest days (it was just touching the low 90s at worst) but up at the Grand Canyon it snowed 3-4 inches.
    I have quickly noticed the sun intensity. I genetically don't burn so usually just use skin lotion with low SPF but here in the High Desert it isn't working. I have already been shopping bolo ties, as I haven't meet/ virtually meet any of my coworkers that wear fabric ties. I might get into the cowboy boots though my grandfather keeps joking that a pair of desert boots are a must.

Comment

I'm hot blooded and I've found Uniqulo airism undershirts are a lifesaver. Also, if you haven't picked up some performance material/moisture wicking underwear I highly recommend you do so. Pro tip, tuck your undershirt into your underwear (I know it sounds crazy) and tuck your shirt into your pants. Everything stays put much better. Lastly, a little desk fan can work wonders if your office is hotter than you'd like.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/airism

Comment

Working...
      X